• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bump or Bust 3/17

2knees

Just wanted to confirm your insight since I know you were there the other day, thank you.

And here i thought you were busting my balls.

even if the snow melts and we cant have the comp, i'll go there with a 12 pack and a lawn chair and hang out all day.

I'm good like that.....

powhunter

Due to the heat wave the next few days, I motion that they extend the course to include a pond skim after the bumps

Steveo

gmcunni

should be nice and soft.

Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59.

bvibert

Staff member
They'll make it. There's going to be some hand shoveling operations in place this week to help fill in problem areas.

2knees

Dirt, even when soaked from recent snow melt, isn't that soft.

have you been there recently? there was only one bare spot on gunny on sunday and it was in the usual place up high.

I'm concerned too but i'm sure they will do all they can to pull this off.

Madroch

I'm concerned.... but ignorantly so.... can't imagine they have enough to survive this week... but I have no idea what they might have in spots to move around...

Was looking to get out today... no dice as they are recuperating... tomorrow for sho!

mondeo

have you been there recently? there was only one bare spot on gunny on sunday and it was in the usual place up high.

I'm concerned too but i'm sure they will do all they can to pull this off.
I'm just trying to make myself feel better for deciding to play in a volleyball tourney this Saturday.

I know they'll put the work in, but this week is going to do a number on the base, and once cancer spots show up they spread quick.

2knees

According to Facebook it is on! Kurt found enough snow to patch it up, cold last night and cloudy today should keep melting down. I wouldn't be surprised if they close tomorrow with a few showers in the forecast

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
We plan to operate Thursday 9am -10 pm. Close Friday due to rain and thunder storms as well as to preserve snow. Reopen 8am-5pm Saturday.
The bump comp will take place as scheduled. Registration starts at 8am comp to start at 11am.
A small army of Lifties, Terrain Crew, and Snow Makers will be on hand to repair any damage to the bumps from the rain.
Lift Tickets will be reduced to $30.00. The entry fee will be reduced to $10.00.

Madroch

Sweet.. props to sundown for going the extra mile and making (what I assume to be- who knows) a customer appreciation decision instead of a financial one...Thanks!