• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 2-25-2012

goldsbar

My best day of the season. Some pretty large core shots on one ski but well worth it. First time on 3-D natural snow this year. On the drive up I was expecting boilerplate frome the rain/freezing rain. Somehow the conditions were great. The upper trails by lift 7 (? the old 3 person in front of the mid-lodge) were prime all day. The inch or so of extra snow around lunchtime combined with the wind put 3" of fresh on some trails for a nice afternoon finish. Wind holds were a problem but it all worked out.

Edit - forgot to mention - many new trails were open with "thin cover" signs. Coverage was generally fine but I found a couple of exceptions!

Cornhead

I feel your pain, got a few new gouges on my new Mantras at Platty today skiing natural trails, it was worth it. Thinking Stowe, or Smuggs, was the place to be today after reading TRs. Whiteface for me tomorrow, then probably Sugarbush, I have two vouchers.

twinplanx

Will they be able to get any glades open w/ this latest storm? Thinking of heading up to take advantage of 25$ tickets on Friday...

legalskier

Will they be able to get any glades open w/ this latest storm? Thinking of heading up to take advantage of 25$ tickets on Friday...

Today/tomorrow's storm might push them over the top. Accuweather is calling for 5" in addition to the 4" today so stay tuned.
That being said, no one seems to notice any of the "closed" signs. Like Cathedral Brook....or Algonquin.