• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Atomic Theory Question

gmcunni

You won't be able to afford them after paying taxes on your new house ...

i'll be renting out the upper level suite to help with the payments. 1 week minimum, special off season rates if you are interested. plenty of MTB and fly fishing in the summer. no smoking, no pets.

gmcunni

You do realize it's going to be almost another 3 weeks(if I remember correctly) till that drawing happens......*and then watch, the winner will be another Florida landlord/houseflipper....

march 17th is the announcement i think. they can find me @ ski sundown all day or i'll be home in the evening.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
The same guys have the Atomic Coax for $399. Seems it's built the same way as the Theory just at 105mm: http://shop.stapletonski.com/collections/atomic/products/2012-atomic-coax

Same free goggle deal ... $125 for bindings is pretty good too.

I'd look at the Atomic Blog... I rented them at Jackson Hole for a couple days and loved them... 185 length with a 110 waist... they carve pretty good for a big ski... Suburban didn't have any so I bought the S-7 instead... I tried them last night before we raced and they're really good too.

wa-loaf

I'd look at the Atomic Blog... I rented them at Jackson Hole for a couple days and loved them... 185 length with a 110 waist... they carve pretty good for a big ski... Suburban didn't have any so I bought the S-7 instead... I tried them last night before we raced and they're really good too.

Don't like the S7 much and don't want full rocker. I prefer the construction of the Theory and Coax.

gmcunni

while googling atomics i found this, thought it interesting

http://www.skinet.com/ski/article/2013-test-skis-field-set

- Hard Snow, up to 85 mm, for speedy frontside cruising on groomers.

- Mixed Snow East, 85-95 mm, for everyday use in typical Eastern conditions.

- Mixed Snow West, 95-105 mm, for everyday use in typical Western conditions.

- Deep Snow, 105 mm and up, for powder days.

wa-loaf

while googling atomics i found this, thought it interesting

http://www.skinet.com/ski/article/2013-test-skis-field-set

- Hard Snow, up to 85 mm, for speedy frontside cruising on groomers.

- Mixed Snow East, 85-95 mm, for everyday use in typical Eastern conditions.

- Mixed Snow West, 95-105 mm, for everyday use in typical Western conditions.

- Deep Snow, 105 mm and up, for powder days.

Theory is a value ski? Kinda leaning toward the Coax since I already have a 85mm and the 105 gives me some more separation.