• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Hor, VT (Feb 2012)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ah yes, the Mount Hor trails. The refuge of BC/XC groups in these snowless winters. I'd be interested in some TR's on skiing the slides on Pisgah. That sounds crazy! It also seems weird to think that Willoughby has thin ice so early in the season.

Zand

Aww come on...you didn't go across the street and huck the Pisgah cliffs while you were at it? ;)

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
The problem with the Pisgah slides are they face generally South and they bake in the sun. The cliffs continue to radiate that heat at night. I was up there a couple weeks ago and the chutes had no snow in them. The Ice on the cliffs was looking pretty good.

Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
The thought of skiing those Pisgah slides brought us up there, the sight of how bare they were drove us over to Mt. Hor.

I was likewise stunned at seeing open water on Willoughby. Nevertheless, there were still plenty of ice fishermen out there.

Let's hope we get another good dose of snow this week Snowmonster so we can be feast well into the spring.

snowmonster

Let's hope we get another good dose of snow this week Snowmonster so we can be feast well into the spring.
My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping for a back-ended winter with storms into April. I'm itching to skin.

Will the thought of the nude beach bring you back?

This is a possibility worth exploring.=) The reward after a long tour.