• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Funniest skiing related thing on the internet this year.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm embarrassed that the guy made an appearance at my (new) home mountain. I can only imagine what the folks on the Tram were thinking......

bvibert

Staff member

wa-loaf

Embedded:

(apparently my companies IT people don't want me watching youtube unless it's embedded in another website... :roll:)

Good stuff! Apparently all that training on the stairmaster is paying off!

Needs some narration like animal kingdom or something. "Here we are tracking the wild GSA in his natural habitat, look at that guy move. You know it's mating season because he not only is he displaying all 3 gopros, but even his contour is out for show!"

gmcunni

Needs some narration like animal kingdom or something. "Here we are tracking the wild GSA in his natural habitat, look at that guy move. You know it's mating season because he not only is he displaying all 3 gopros, but even his contour is out for show!"

where is marlin perkins when you need him! :smash:

bvibert

Staff member

Agreed. Still, you need to give kudos to the guy for taking the time to capture such an elusive creature when the opportunity struck.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Do you think GSA might do a tour - I mean - migrate perhaps - out east? If he's from NYC there's gotta be sightings. I am truly fascinated.

makimono

Awesome...that was a great stalk though, he had the cleanest snowboard and most secure gloves on the mountain.

drjeff

I'm embarrassed that the guy made an appearance at my (new) home mountain. I can only imagine what the folks on the Tram were thinking......

My guess woould be either "What an LA a$$hole!" or possibly "let's turn on all the his cams just before we toss him out of the tram just past tower 2 to actually give him some cool footage" ;)

JimmyPete

I find this video offensive. So the guy gears up extreme. Maybe he's got his reasons. Posting this stuff on the internet simply to ridicule someone who has done you no harm is the most extreme type of cowardly bullying.

JimmyPete

So he has his reasons, great, dude's going to Alaska, give him some props, cyber-bullying is the worst type of invasion of privacy.

bobbutts

So he has his reasons, great, dude's going to Alaska, give him some props, cyber-bullying is the worst type of invasion of privacy.

I think the connection is that he is just like the people who are making fun of him, only with a less sense of style and self control. If I have to give props, I can honestly say I wish I still had half the enthusiasm he seems to have.

JimmyPete

How much different is he from the posers at Mad River who dress super old school, fur hats, wool pant's and gloves, and if the guy is doing some extreme skiing maybe working out with your gear would be the best way to get inshape. In the Army [long time ago] they made us run in full packs and combat boots, holding a damn rifle. So if this guy is going extreme he's doing it his way.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm confused. You're upset at people making fun of this guy, yet it's fine for you to call people who ski in wool gear at Mad River posers?

JimmyPete

I wasn't trying to make fun of them but compare this guy to them. I guess posers was the wrong word. we all have our affects. Some guys wear silly helmet covers, some guy go all out tech with camera's etc, Mad River and some other places people revel in going super old school on equipment and clothing, some for jokes some take themselves quite seriously.Christ Mad River installed a new Single Chair lift, more expensive than if it was a double, I just think this guy shouldn't have been posted on the internet, someone took the time to create a video simply with special effects to mock him to thousands of people who don't know him , that is cowardly and unfair. Maybe the guy in the video stole the video-maker's girlfriend, probably because the video-maker was hunched over a computer while the other guy was carving turns.