• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much rain on Saturday?

4aprice

Looks like rain over already here. A little foggy and warm (not as warm as they said). Looks like overall we may have dodged a bullet. Time to head out and do some spring skiing.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skiersleft

3 inches overnight at Killington. Most lifts running. Bullet dodged, I think.

ScottySkis

I know I can get a Platty ticket form PotterBrothers for $30 dollars for Sunday March 4 but will all the soft snow freeze tonight and temps will only get to 31 at the hill, for Sunday I rather not ski on hard Snow maybe I should just skip, Because my funds are tight, what do you guys thinks, and I hope everyone has great time today and Sunday if your out.

emmaurice2

I think I'm venturing out Sunday, weather be damned, not sure where though...I was thinking Belleayre, only because I can ski free...(birthday discount)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Near hurricane conditions at Killington today:

main.php

main.php

WWF-VT

Drizzle for about 30 mins today at Sugarbush. 40 degrees and sunshine late PM. If you stayed home you missed a great day.

Wavewheeler

Killington is looking awesome. Sure wish I could've headed out there instead of back to NJ.

If I'd been staying at Gore I would've definitely hit the slopes. It was snowing with about 2" on the ground last night around midnight but it then rained in the early morning. However it turned out to be a really nice day! Sun was coming out by 10 am and it was spring time conditions. Snow was nice and soft.

I was sorely tempted to stay another day and enjoy what probably would've been a nice day of skiing. As was said...you never know about the weather. It's truly unpredicatable.

Unfortunately it's supposed to get really cold tonight (in the teens) so all of that soft snow is going to ice up big time. There is a 40% chance of snow showers though. Later on in the week they are saying things are going to warm up into the 50s, which can't be good.

On the way home all the snow that was around south of Albany was pretty much gone. :( I'm back in NJ and if feels a LOT like springtime.

Oh well, that was a nice 3 days of winter. Had a great time! :)

Last edited:

gmcunni

report from a friend @ mt snow -

Mostly light rain until noon. Then sun came out and it was spring weather with great snow...

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Great day at Sun River. Couple inches of heavy snow, sleet during the morning turned briefly to snow, then stopped by midday. Crazy fog at White Cap cleared as you worked East to West.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Today was awesome at Platty. Every trail was open, the woods were skiing a bit too. Certainly warm, sunny, spring-like soft snow. Run of the day for me was Plunge...right under the double and Giant Slalom (bottom of both pictured here). Had my 5 yo with me on one run down Plunge and while on the steep top section a ski patrol shouted down to me: "Hey you know there is a height requirement for being on this trail, you didn't see the sign at the top?"

So, I responded: "Am I too tall?"

6804426462_3baecabc0a_z.jpg

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Today was awesome at Platty. Every trail was open, the woods were skiing a bit too. Certainly warm, sunny, spring-like soft snow. Run of the day for me was Plunge...right under the double and Giant Slalom (bottom of both pictured here). Had my 5 yo with me on one run down Plunge and while on the steep top section a ski patrol shouted down to me: "Hey you know there is a height limit for being on this trail, you didn't see the sign at the top?"

So, I responded: "Am I too tall?"

6804426462_3baecabc0a_z.jpg

Glad you at a nice time at Platty today, that picture looks like I should have went, maybe next weekend.

Tooth

Great day at Sun River. Couple inches of heavy snow, sleet during the morning turned briefly to snow, then stopped by midday. Crazy fog at White Cap cleared as you worked East to West.

Good to hear. I looked at the Camelback webcams and things are a little better at SR it appears. :razz: You chose well.