• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

corn snow soon?

TropicTundR

This past weekend at Windham it felt like a snowcone with an intermident surface consistency of "bottom-of-italian-ice" stuff.

At miday it was definitely not crowded either

bheemsoth

This year? With the size of snow pack the way it is, a lot of us will be water skiing by April Fool's Day! Never mind late April.\

Heh...my girlfriend and I were just talking yesterday about how we'll definitely be water skiing by her birthday (4/11).

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

4aprice

It's only the first week of March. I can wait until late April for corn snow.

You may be able to wait, but I don't think Mother Nature will let you. Gonna be spring, lets just hope the snow pack holds out as long as it can. We get to Easter in NNE and I'll consider it a success.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Was just about to post that link from Noyes who just declared "winter to be dead." Next window of any potential is last week of March. :(

Time for spring skiing, I guess.

hammer

Is it crazy to wish that there wasn't a cool down this weekend? Looks like we will go from spring skiing back to FG. :-x

wa-loaf

Was just about to post that link from Noyes who just declared "winter to be dead." Next window of any potential is last week of March. :(

Time for spring skiing, I guess.

Gonna freeze up just in time for the AZ Summit ...

ScottySkis

Well i have most of my canceled jet blue flight maybe i to slc for 3 day weekend for St. Patrick's, anyone know weather forecast for Slc then?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Here you go. They have a better chance of storms than we do through March.

Winn, sorry to bother you with a stupid question, but I know that your NY forecasts are autoloaded, and I'm looking for a little more info.

I have a trip planned to Whiteface for Sun/Mon. How bad will the rain be at the end of the week? Nuisance or a base-killer? I'm expecting firm conditions in the morning, softening during the day into nice soft snow. Basically classic spring skiing. Does this sound reasonable?

WinnChill

Winn, sorry to bother you with a stupid question, but I know that your NY forecasts are autoloaded, and I'm looking for a little more info.

I have a trip planned to Whiteface for Sun/Mon. How bad will the rain be at the end of the week? Nuisance or a base-killer? I'm expecting firm conditions in the morning, softening during the day into nice soft snow. Basically classic spring skiing. Does this sound reasonable?

We're not expecting a base-killer--it's the tail end of a weakening cold front so precip totals are not exptected to be high with showers scattering out a bit more as they arrive. Can't rule out an isolated heavier shower but still, it's not a soaker from the south. Hope that helps.