mt snow - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mt snow

I am super scared of what the mountain will look like after this week. Lord have mercy if I don't get a bunch of April turns in.

"Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

Quote Originally Posted by jaywbigred View Post
    I am super scared of what the mountain will look like after this week. Lord have mercy if I don't get a bunch of April turns in.
    Will depend on both what the weather does next week and when the mow down a park at Carinthia and how long they want to keep that going. The finals for the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge are on the 31st - to hold it, baring some major change back to the cold and snowy, a park at Carinthia (The Gulch was what I heard is the leading candidate) will need to be plowed down which will give it plenty of base. They've got a BIG PSIA examination event on the hill later this week and then a bunch of British coming in the next few weeks and the Mountain Dew finals last year drew hundreds of racers, so returning a park to a ski trail is a reasonable option.

I will admit that today I was on the hill, I can with 100% certianty say that I said my goodbye's for the season to Thanks Walt, Beartrap, Ex, Lodge, Ego, Drop, and South Bowl. And think that I might have said my seasonal goodbyes to Snowdance and The Northface. The last few days had some major melting, and i'm just not sure if the maybe's will have enough snow to make it through 3the more days of these temps before some "seasonable" air arrives on Friday
    Last edited by drjeff; Mar 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The last few days had some major melting, and i'm just not sure if the maybe's will have enough snow to make it through 3the more days of these temps before some "seasonable" air arrives on Friday
    I've never seen snow melt as fast as this past week. Depressing and disturbing.
    Last edited by legalskier; Mar 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    If you saw someone skiing the ripper in a PBR employee shirt, that was Glenn (seriously!)
    With my Wal-Mart cargo shorts....AKA: Wal-Go's.

Taken Sunday:

Saturday morning:

Ripcord yesterday. Probably some of the best runs I've ever had on the Ripper took place this weekend. The bumps were huge and the snow was soft.

EDIT:

Just for ha-ha's...here's a pic from 3/18/2008. What a difference 4 years ago. That's my wife on the last pitch on Upper Lodge before you make a hard right to pick up Link to zip over to Ego ect. There were a lot of bare spots there yesterday.
    Last edited by Glenn; Mar 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM. Reason: Added an olde tyme pic from 4 years ago.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    With my Wal-Mart cargo shorts....AKA: Wal-Go's.

Taken Sunday:
    Hmm, I think I might have seen that guy on Sunday! Debatable whether the shirt looks better with ski boots or slip on shoes though??

Ripcord yesterday. Probably some of the best runs I've ever had on the Ripper took place this weekend. The bumps were huge and the snow was soft.
    Yup, pretty sure I saw that view too! Great couple of days of cruising around in the mashed potatoes with you and Mitz! And BTW, pretty sure it wasn't until about 1/2 home to CT that my feet finally dried out yesterday! SERIOUS "swamp boot" going on there yesterday!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

Vince and I were both rocking the shorts with slip-on shoes look on Saturday for apres. We shoulda taken a pic!

Agreed...we had some great runs with you guys this weekend. We'll have to do that more often...and get Vince out there. Imagine the epic "Mount Snow Homer Trifecta TR" would could put together.

I think you need this for the boots:

SoVT

Vince and I were both rocking the shorts with slip-on shoes look on Saturday for apres. We shoulda taken a pic!

Funny stuff. I was rocking my shorts and Merrells for Apres on Saturday as well. Then when we stopped for some shopping on the way home on Sunday. The wife was NOT impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Funny stuff. I was rocking my shorts and Merrells for Apres on Saturday as well. Then when we stopped for some shopping on the way home on Sunday. The wife was NOT impressed.
    I was feeling at bit out of place for a moment during Apres on Saturday as both Glenn and Vcunning were rocking the slip ons, where as I was sporting some actual lace up hiking boots to go with my shorts. Then I ordered another beer and forgot about it!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

Oh good! So I'm not the only one rocking that look! I guess it coulda been worse...I could gone for the "old dude" look and worn some black socks jacked up to my knees.

And on another note...I bring way too much attire for spring skiing. Cold in the AM....warmish late morning...hot in the afternoon. It's harder to dress for warm weather vs cold weather.
    SoVT

http://mountsnow.com/3-20-12-closing-date/

Closing on Sunday. Slight chance of reopening next weekend. Slight. Earliest closing date since they have records back to 1994. No Brewers Fest (and presumably no Glade-iator).

When I saw this I reacted like Buddy the Elf finding out his Dad was on the naughty list.

What a horrible day.
    "Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

Thread Information