mt snow

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mt snow

mt snow

Looking for mogul intel for Mt Snow. How is Bear Trap?

Ripcord, jaws, plummet, challenger, and beartrap bumped and skied well today Depending on how warm if gets this week, jaws, plummet and challenger could very well be done (all natural snow) and if it REALLY gets warm, Beartrap could melt out too this week

Yeah, Beartrap was a bit thin on the skiers left today. :sadface:

I'm planning on my final day of the season being at Mount Snow next Sunday.

Glenn/Jeff/others who were there this weekend - do you think the mountain will hold up enough for one more decent weekend of skiing, given the forecast for the upcoming week?

Brian

Oh God, are things that dire so quickly??

The natural trails were fading quickly. With temps in the 60's this week....

I think the snowmaking trails will be good to go for this weekend. Despite the lack of mother nature snow, they hammered a lot of their snowmaking trails all season.

I'll probably be there Saturday Brian...I can post a quick TR/Condition update later Saturday if that would be helpful.
    SoVT

They did mention they made 27% more snow this year compared to last year. And with all the rain and crazy temps this year, they had no water supply issues.

Their focus on pounding some key trails with snowmaking (instead of everything) will probably benefit us towards over the next 4 weeks. But it may not assist with the moguls. And it's been a terrible year for trees.

I'll also try to respond to this thread as I will be up there next Saturday (maybe Friday too as I feel I might need a Dr visit by then . . . anyone know a Dr in the Mount Snow area?)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The natural trails were fading quickly. With temps in the 60's this week....

I think the snowmaking trails will be good to go for this weekend. Despite the lack of mother nature snow, they hammered a lot of their snowmaking trails all season.

I'll probably be there Saturday Brian...I can post a quick TR/Condition update later Saturday if that would be helpful.
    Thanks Glenn! We'll be at K on Saturday, and Sunday is simply a "voucher depletion" day, so even if it's not too great, we'll still probably go. I would appreciate the TR though.

Brian

I hear ya Vince...tough year for bumps! With the warm temps, the natural moguls may start to form...probably our only hope at this point.

No problem Brian! I'll post something up Saturday evening. I'll put it in the TR forum; should be easy to spot.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by jaywbigred View Post
    Oh God, are things that dire so quickly??
    Jay, all I'll say is that when I picked my kids up from their programs yesterday (Monday) at 3:30, my car thermometer read 63 degrees in the drop off area, and the thermomter IN THE SHADE in the Big Dipper Building (at the top of the magic carpet next to the base of Canyon Quad) was reading 58 degrees

*Most* snowmaking trails will be fine come next weekend. The natural snow trails all across New England are going to take a hit this week for sure with the forcasted temps, especially with the generally above freezing overnight low temps.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

Thread Information