• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

favorite liftlines to ski?

LiquidFeet

Now that the liftlines are browning up, anyone got good memories of liftline skiing this season? Or better yet, any previous season? Which are your favorites?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Not much liftline skiing for me this season.

I'd put Liftline at Smuggs up there as one of my favorites. Tramline at Cannon and Chute/Liftline at Mad River are up there as well. Red Line at Magic is quite nice.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
In the past two years I've only skied Tramline at Cannon twice. Both times were last week. BLISS!
I can count the number of times I have skied Tramline at Cannon on two hands. I don't think it is the best line around but I think how little it is open contributes to why I like it so much. Scarcity makes things more valuable and all that.

loafasaur

You folks should be sure to do Gondi when you come up to the Loaf for your weenie fest. Nitro may be steeper, and the back side is the wild side, but for a long, long continuous shot, it's Gondi.

EPB

Wildcat has great liftlines including the former Lynx double chair and gondola. Not the steepest trails out of those mentioned before, but they're long and varied in width. Mont Sainte Anne also has some great ones on the main side.

I haven't been to Saddleback, but is the Kennebago Quad liftline a good one?

WWF-VT

Dec 29th after a "surprise" foot fresh snow they dropped the ropes for the first time his season and I got early tracks on Bravo under the North Ridge chair and Black Diamond under the Summit chair at Mt Ellen

rocojerry

I haven't been to Saddleback, but is the Kennebago Quad liftline a good one?

I think its called Family Secret? It was a great run, but not top-to-bottom that long, as the Kennebago Quad is a mid-mtn lift.

Wish I had Cannon's tramline on my list, haven't had the chance yet.

Smuggs had probably the most intimidating one I've ever seen--

Theres a few at Sunday River that may not be official trails, or trails that are not open that often that I am occasionally eyeing with a powder-greed eye.

deadheadskier

Staff member
MRG - Chute/Liftline
Stowe - Lookout, Hackett's Highway
Sugarbush has several good ones: Black Diamond, Bravo, Cliffs, Ripcord, Castlerock Liftline, The Mall

Got to give a shout out to Outer Limits at Killington as well. Ripping spring bumps on OL is both hella fun to ski and to watch the masses from the chair. I grew up skiing Okemo as a kid, but from mid-March to mid-April it was all about going to Killington and lapping Outer Limits all day.

mr magoo

The Mall

+1
I am glad that someone mentioned the Mall.
Not as showy intimidating as the other lift lines mentioned, but rythym flowy sweetness.
Chute is good for conversations with upbound riders about lines when the rocks pop thru.

Last edited:

mondeo

Got to give a shout out to Outer Limits at Killington as well. Ripping spring bumps on OL is both hella fun to ski and to watch the masses from the chair. I grew up skiing Okemo as a kid, but from mid-March to mid-April it was all about going to Killington and lapping Outer Limits all day.
pour-one-out.jpeg

Newpylong

Pretty much any of the natural lift lines at Sugarbush are great...

How about past liftlines?

Flume at Killington is great...

SkiFanE

SR is about all i know lol, but got most of them in this year: Ruby Palace, Crossbow/Lockline run, Agony, Caramba...and my fave end of day hero bump run Absolutely. When they're open, we go for it b/c it could be fleeting...couldn't get to Northern Exposure the day it was open, boo.

wa-loaf

You folks should be sure to do Gondi when you come up to the Loaf for your weenie fest. Nitro may be steeper, and the back side is the wild side, but for a long, long continuous shot, it's Gondi.

Upper Gondi is steep too.

Meh, gondi line is only really fun in the spring when it bumps up. Just a steep cruiser the rest of the time.