• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

skier vs. snowboarder

thetrailboss

Staff member
Also looks like he’s straightlining a beginner area.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

benski

Boarder easily. The kid has a right to turn.The boarder needs to watch whats in front of him.

Jcb890

Also no reason for the boarder to veer towards the middle of the trail. There's plenty of room to the left to make sure you're clear of the kid skiing.

shwilly

That's awful. I'd be enraged if anyone took out my kid from behind like that. Hope the kid was OK.

As mentioned, there was plenty of room on the trail. He could have gone just as fast without getting within 30 feet of anyone, though that would still be irresponsible on that trail.

You know there may be beginners taking green trails super cautiously, traversing back and forth. (Though that's not even what the kid in the video was doing.) They're learning!

Personally, when I want to feel like a rad bro on a flat green, I practice riding fakie.

drjeff

100% the boarder. If you're passing someone ahead of you, the person ahead has the right of way, and it's the person doing the passing responsibility to stay clear of the person they're trying to pass

sull1102

Def the boarder at fault here. Something doesn't seem right about his stance, he's not holding an edge at all and just letting the board do what it wants flat, sign of a beginner usually. To me looks like a guy learning how to ride like second or third day on the hill. Also agree with there being no reason to be in the middle like that, but if he can't hold an edge he needs to be in the middle otherwise he's hitting a tree, fence, etc.

delco714

100% the boarder. If you're passing someone ahead of you, the person ahead has the right of way, and it's the person doing the passing responsibility to stay clear of the person they're trying to pass
Meh schwilly said it bestish. The skier is greener than the trail. Sudden turn looking like they were going the other way, but boarder should've been way clear left.