• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blizzard Skis

gmcunni

Has anyone skied both the Blizzard Bushwacker and Blizzard Bonafide Skis?

i skied the bushwacker and liked it but was looking for something a little wider. i'd be interested to hear first hand comparison.

Hawkshot99

Has anyone skied both the Blizzard Bushwacker and Blizzard Bonafide Skis?

i skied the bushwacker and liked it but was looking for something a little wider. i'd be interested to hear first hand comparison.

I own the Bushwacker, and have skied the Bonafide as well. The Bonafide is a real fun ski in softer snow at both high speeds and low. In firmer snow they were still good when going fast, but not so great at tighter turns.

I went with the Bushwacker as it would be better at the majority of the time I got to use it, and could not have been happier.

For next year, I cant decide if I want to get Bushackers again, or Volkl Kendos.

mriceyman

i absolutely love my bonafides...on extreme hard pack you might get a little chatter at mach 1 but for powder and trees they are fantastic. best ski purchase ive ever made.

gmcunni

i absolutely love my bonafides...on extreme hard pack you might get a little chatter at mach 1 but for powder and trees they are fantastic. best ski purchase ive ever made.
i see in your sig you have 173 cm, may i ask your approx physical size?

WoodCore

Been ripping around on the Cochise this year............it rocks in the pow and soft stuff as expected but also does remarkably well on the groomers and hard pack! I'm 5'10" and skiing a 184 but could have gone shorter. First time skiing on a rocker"ed" ski and it does take some time to adjust regardless I'm liking the technology!

Philpug

The Brahma is a Bushwacker with a Bonafide construction and a slightly stiffer tail. It is a Bonafide for the east and the compromise you are looking for.

wa-loaf

The Brahma is a Bushwacker with a Bonafide construction and a slightly stiffer tail. It is a Bonafide for the east and the compromise you are looking for.

What are the dimensions on the Brahma?

wa-loaf

125/88/110 @ 180

Yeah, I want something in the 98 range. Bonafides seem to be sold out everywhere. Maybe Atomic Alibi, but there are no deals on them right now. Want to replace the Watea 94 in the next year or so.

gmcunni

Yeah, I want something in the 98 range. Bonafides seem to be sold out everywhere. Maybe Atomic Alibi, but there are no deals on them right now. Want to replace the Watea 94 in the next year or so.

i'm looking for something in that same range (~95). There is a Watea 98 BC (back country) that looks nice and few reviews i read said it was a fine front side ski too.

i've seen a few bonafides still in stock but no deals. i tested the Alibi last year, liked it.