• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ever happen to you?

legalskier

Something like this happened to me, except the dude was overtaking me from behind. I windmilled just like this guy. Ski patrol saw it & ripped up his ticket.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My brother once and another time a work mate skied into me from behind. On purpose! Each time it was a yard sale for both skiers. Actually the work mate was snowboarding.

NotEasyBeingGreen

Yep - but not at scary high speed. Dad "teaching" kid between his legs and they barrelled straight into me - everyone went flying. What really pissed me off was that he didn't offer a single word of apology. My back was a wreck for more than a week. What a dink.

At the beach last weekend, ahem the deck at Stowe, they were playing Crash Into Me. Oops.

kickstand

yup - Sunday River on Risky Business, just after 3 Mile Trail comes in. Kid, maybe college aged, on a board basically took my feet out from under me and we slid down the hill with me on top of him. When we finally stopped, he started scooting his butt uphill while I sat there saying "What the F are you doing?" When he get far enough away, he looks at me and says "What the F are YOU doing?" and takes off. I had lost a ski, so there was no way I could chase him. I asked a by-stander, who saw the whole thing, if I did anything wrong there. He says, "Nope, he just ran into you and took you out."

It didn't bother me as much that the trail was almost empty when he hit me, but his reaction to me like it was MY fault is what really pissed me off.

lou12572

yep
was at bristol mountain with my girlfriend. we stopped along the edge of the trail
and were talking and i notice her eyes almost bulge out of her head. i turn and see
this guy headed straight at me trying to stop and i couldn't get out of the way and boy did i get nailed knocked me into the woods and his ski edge cut open my jacket and sweater. had a couple of bruses after that one. he said he was sorry tho and offered me a beer afterwards.

Zand

Happened to me once... heading down Challenger at Wachusett and a boarder in a rush to the park plowed right into me. He just says "Sorry, didn't see you." Idiot.

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
hit from behind at the bottom of nashoba. kid didn't turn the whole way down. while i'm collecting myself and trying to figure out what just happened, the kid says "you turned in front of me" and his friend joins in. the liftie runs over, grabs one of the kid's skis that came off, windmills it away from him and says it looks like the guy you hit is just about to figure out what happened and hit you so I would get out of here now.

one broken thumb to remember that event.