• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 3/23/12

reefer

Late report….mulched the whole yard yesterday…feels like I skied.........
Anyway, dragged the kid out to Stratton for a rare cameo appearance. Had a great father/son day! Kudos to Stratton for "patching" things up to open Friday. I know Mike was totally in awe we were skiing in this weather. He was lovin’ it!
Shout out to the Jamaica Market….one stop tailgating needs. Also Jamaica coffee house puts out a great coffee for that ride home.

DSCN4472.JPG

DSCN4473.JPG

DSCN4474.JPG

DSCN4475.JPG

DSCN4480.JPG

DSCN4478.JPG

DSCN4484.JPG

DSCN4481.JPG

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I was there last Saturday and assumed the top of the mountain could hold but thought the bottom would be toasted despite those huge park snow piles. It is amazing to see how torched even the top of the mountain got. :eek:

steamboat1

I wonder if they plan on putting a tarp over that pile of snow pictured? I believe they've done this in previous years & then had some kind of ski/board event in June.