Killington=AMAZING! The POSITIVE Killington thread!!! - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. Skis bigger than any other mountain in the east.
    2. Good tree skiing on and off the map.
    3. If you know the place it's easy to find an uncrowded area even during peak days and holidays.
    4. Longest season in the East. May not always be the first to open or last to close, but it's almost always open more days than any other mountain in the East.
    5. Solid nightlife.
    6. Cheap lodging options within an easy drive to resort.
    7. Pico
    8. More snow and better terrain than southern Vermont resorts and closer to NYC metro than northern resorts (a plus if you live in NYC metro area like me).
    9. Unbrella Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    - Ample parking, no need to waste $299 on a parking pass
    - Lots of people tailgating, no need to spend money on overpriced food and bev in the lodges
    Yes free parking! you don't realize how awesome that is until you go to Colorado and have to pay at Vail, Breckenridge and other "Beastly" Places!

They close at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnye View Post
    Yes free parking! you don't realize how awesome that is until you go to Colorado and have to pay at Vail, Breckenridge and other "Beastly" Places!
    Yes, the parking is absolutely fantastic since is almost all directly lift access. Only place that compares that I know of is Stowe.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

http://www.killingtonzone.com/assets...mpactStudy.pdf
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by skiersleft View Post
    2. Good tree skiing on and off the map.
    Damn good. We skied last season with someone who knows every inch of the place & took us into tree areas I never knew existed. Had a ball.

the best thing highway star in his own mind skis there.

Powdr, did the impossible in making ASC look good.

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    Damn good. We skied last season with someone who knows every inch of the place & took us into tree areas I never knew existed. Had a ball.
    And the thing is, he probably doesn't know every tree area!!!
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

I actually like Killington. I've gone there quite a bit over the years with my daughter. We were there in February midweek and considering the lack of natural snow, the conditions were pretty good.

I like Killington because of the variety. There's a lot of options for terrain and conditions there. I never get bored skiing there.

They have sugar/caramel waffles and delicious empanadas right at the bottom of the slopes! Very tasty and convenient!

Free parking and lots of it.

Midweek the crowds are nonexistent.

Lots of options for lodging and great restaurants/nightlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    And the thing is, he probably doesn't know every tree area!!!
    She's been an instructor/guide there for the past 20 years, so I'm confident she knows almost as much as you.

Thread Information