Killington=AMAZING! The POSITIVE Killington thread!!! - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Ok, I'll play, really.

- It's not ski sundown.

Need I go on?
    'merica

Only got up to K once this season. caught perfect snow, minimal lift lines, even in a holiday period. 3 parks were DIALED. so good. (superpipes are scary = i suck)

Skiing on June 11, 1992 was amazing.

I've never had such great time skiing in the East than at Killington in the 1990s.

Racing June 1 slalom 1993: Lift ticket was free, if you competed you got a free voucher with non-blackout days for the following season and they gave you a June Slalom T-shirt...all this for free. A couple of June later, there wasn't any free t-shirts, it wasn't specific to the June event, lift ticket wasn't free, vouchers had blackout period (like After mid-December or after mid-April)...it was the start of the end and then they removed the Peak Double.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography

Love the various climates you get to experience at K as one usually heads from the Bear side back over to the Killington Basin side. Too cold off of K1 - head to Bear. Too mushy at Bear, head over to Skye/Killington/Snowdon

Love the vast assortment of expert falline skiing, and that on any given day you'll have your choice of steep bumps and steep groomers.

Love how Powdr has reworked the trail network a bit to get rid of some of the long, traversing connector trails that had the unfortunate habit of interupting falline skiing, even if it means that getting back from Bear to the Killington Basin side isn't quite as easy as it used to be before the nets went up on Snowshed Crossover.

Love riding the Bear Mountain Quad when OL is bumped up and getting to watch what is usually a decent sized assortment of GOOD bump skiers right there next to you!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Killington’s a great gaper magnet and keeps the herds from heading farther north on Route 100

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    so I'm confident she knows almost as much as you.

that's UNPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    She's been an instructor/guide there for the past 20 years, so I'm confident she knows almost as much as you.
    She probably doesn't ski the trees with mandatory GS turns like HS does.....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

did you guys know that Killington is home to Outer Limits, the steepest longest bump run in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    did you guys know that Killington is home to Outer Limits, the steepest longest bump run in the east.
    I think you are confused with your superlatives - Sunday River is home to White Heat - the “longest steepest widest lift-serviced trail in the east"

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    I think you are confused with your superlatives - Sunday River is home to White Heat - the “longest steepest widest lift-serviced trail in the east"

If I recall correctly, one of them punctuated the statement differently so that it was true.

I think it was:

Killington: the widest, steepest, longest bump run in the east.

Sunday River: the widest steepest lift serviced trail in the east.

Sunday River also used to measure their pitch in degrees or percentage....whichever one gave the higher number and looked better.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Love riding the Bear Mountain Quad when OL is bumped up and getting to watch what is usually a decent sized assortment of GOOD bump skiers right there next to you!
    I agree. But it was even more fun in the old days before they added the groomed center to Outer Limits and you could watch the BAD bump skiers! Now they can cheat and just skid down the middle.

Thread Information