Help Me Decide

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Decide

Help Me Decide

The kids have off and we are heading north. It seems that despite the hype, SR does not have many blacks left open. Stowe and Killington look like the best for bumps. What about Jay or Loon?

2 hour drive to Jay or K from Loon. Lots of cheap lodging in the Lincoln area.
    I lift things up and put them down.

Not about cheap, plenty everywhere. We want bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Not about cheap, plenty everywhere. We want bumps.
    they did groom supe today and i expect that they will as long as it stays cool. there are bumps lower on both sides. lower skye lark was closed since they didn't groom it. don't know if that's enough for you.

Given the current weather, I really don't anticipate decent bumps anywhere in New England this weekend.

Did Sugarbush groom Steins?

I can tell you right now by looking at what Stowe has open, you won't find any bumps there at all. None of the trails they have open have decent bumps anytime during the season outside of on powder days.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I can tell you right now by looking at what Stowe has open, you won't find any bumps there at all. None of the trails they have open have decent bumps anytime during the season outside of on powder days.
    I skied Stowe on Thurs. and they had some pretty good bumps as far as I am concerned. Almost every open trail was complete bumps. I had never been there before, so I really dont know trail names.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    I skied Stowe on Thurs. and they had some pretty good bumps as far as I am concerned. Almost every open trail was complete bumps. I had never been there before, so I really dont know trail names.
    I'm assuming it was at least 60 degrees there last Thursday? At that temp, yes, there are good bumps all over Stowe, but that's the case pretty much everywhere in that kind of weather when it's too warm to groom anything.

Everything open now has been groomed in the past 24 hours and it's not warm enough for a corn cycle and bumps to form. If they get some fresh, maybe they leave a couple trails ungroomed and there will be bumps, but I wouldn't count on it.

Not sure if Jay has groomed Jet or Haynes.

foot in mouth, I did say none of their current trail line up has good bumps anytime during the season. Powder days and 60 degree spring days would be the exception.

Sat, Sunday and Monday show highs in the 40's and 50's that seems warm enough to me to create some bumps. There are some trails Stowe has not groomed all year.

Lionel from FIS is now calling for snow next week also.

Thread Information