Help Me Decide - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me Decide

I'm just going off of what they have listed open on their snow report and my experience being a former resident in town. Most everything that is still open is cruising terrain and has been recently groomed, including Nosedive two days ago.

They have several closed trails listed with a "mogul" icon next to them. I'm not sure if that means they are closed because they're frozen over and will reopen when they soften. If Hayride, Upper Liftline etc. open for the weekend, it maybe good, but I think a lot of that depends on how much natural they get this week.

I hiked Mt. Mansfield on Saturday and came down on Stowe's Perry Merrill. Jogging down the side of the trail, it was half mud with very few bumps. There were some skiers but it didn't look worth it. I had a better time sliding down from the peak on my boots.

They've gotten an inch or two over the past couple days and done some grooming, but it was pretty rough there. From what I hear Loon is still blowing all week.
    All skiing is good. Some skiing isn't as good. But all skiing is good.

@mtncobber on the instafeeds.

I'm also tossing the coin between Jay and Loon right now. Leaning to Jay, just because I sense they have a better chance at some natural to mix in with the snow guns. I wouldn't spend the premium money on Stowe - I just can't imagine they have anything left worth the gamble.

2 inches last night, fresh tracks on the webcam. Centerline and Gulch opened and I'm hoping they drop the ropes on Liftline for the weekend.

Gulch is a solid bet for good low angle bumps most of the season

Quote Originally Posted by 2sons View Post
    2 inches last night, fresh tracks on the webcam. Centerline and Gulch opened and I'm hoping they drop the ropes on Liftline for the weekend.
    Pics look sweet:

http://www.stowe.com/explore/photo/

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    The kids have off and we are heading north. It seems that despite the hype, SR does not have many blacks left open. Stowe and Killington look like the best for bumps. What about Jay or Loon?
    Where did you end up going?
    Stop the brutal grooming...

We stayed at Killington. Snowed both days, but warm enough to get the bumps going as well. Looked sunny to the north Saturday,

Hoping for some sun tomorrow on more day.

Thread Information