• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

104 Year Old Skier

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah, I love that, if my dad were alive he would still be ripping it up at 69 years old. And I know he would have gone to 100. You only get old if you let yourself get old.

My biggest pet peeve, is hearing people say they are too old to do something. Although I may have said that about myself and trying a 360 this weekend.

steamboat1

We have several people in our ski club that are in their mid to upper 80's that still ski. One guy who quit for physical reasons last year was 94. My hero Fred is 88 & still does day trips up to the Catskills from Long Island.

My father who is 84 gave up last year only because my mother can't ski anymore being arthritic, having several knee jobs & hip replacement. She needs to use a cane to walk. I bet my father could still rip if he ever decided to get on ski's again

Would've loved to seen the video but it said embedding disabled by request on my end. God Bless Him.

Last edited:

SkiDork

1 day late on the April fools...

Just click on "watch on youtube" to get past the embedding error

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hope I ski every winter as long as I'm alive and love seeing the "old guys" out on the hill. At the AZ summit this weekend, the only other people on the hill I saw during first tracks this past Sunday was a group of 70 + year old men.

That said

RC Didn't watch the video: Scotty, Nick, steamboat1, SkiDork, legalskier......

legalskier

Didn't watch the video: Scotty, Nick, steamboat1, SkiDork, legalskier......

I tried but it wouldn't play so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Another trick post?
I do know a senior who skis almost every day- don't know how old he is but he was a pilot during the Korea War so that puts him up there. Hope I can be like him.