• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So, where's everyone skiing this weekend?

Are there any bumps at the Boyne trifecta? That is keeping me away from there (long drive too). I know Superstar will be great this weekend as long as the forecast holds.

SkiFanE

Are there any bumps at the Boyne trifecta? That is keeping me away from there (long drive too). I know Superstar will be great this weekend as long as the forecast holds.

At SR I think 3D may, but I didn't get there last weekend. Upper Vortex had some, firm last weekend but probably good now. I want to know if White Heat and Shockwave will be open this weekend, plenty of coverage on WH last weekend, and hoping they open it. Stuff bumped up nicely during the day, but not much in the way of 'real' bumps w/o WH Quad opening up.

speden

I went down 3D at SR last Saturday and didn't see any bumps on it. It must have been groomed and it was kind of icy. The only bumps I saw on an open trail were the ones on Vortex. Maybe it's changed by now though.

Gilligan

Killington for me. Say what you will about K, but at least you can count on it for moguls.

Terry

At SR I think 3D may, but I didn't get there last weekend. Upper Vortex had some, firm last weekend but probably good now. I want to know if White Heat and Shockwave will be open this weekend, plenty of coverage on WH last weekend, and hoping they open it. Stuff bumped up nicely during the day, but not much in the way of 'real' bumps w/o WH Quad opening up.

Andy, my son in law who works there said they took off the chair pads yesterday on the white cap chair. Done for the year according to him.

vcunning

I will be hiking the half pipe at Mount Snow. Maybe Inferno if I have enough motivation.

MadPadraic

I've been planning on the River for Friday, but I plan on examining the Jay and Wildcat reports as well.

I have to admit that reading the loaf's short list of open trails was a bit depressing today. Maybe they'll recover for Reggae weekend.

prophet0426

Done for the season as well.... I was actually done back in January, and pretty much just rode the MTB right though the winter.

Well since the season is pretty much over, maybe we should try and get a large AZ group MTB ride together. Would be good to meet some people, and get out on the trails!

Puck it

How did you manage that? The actually derailleur cage or the hanger?

I hit it somewhere along the trail and was about a mile from home in the woods and heading up a hill and snap. I looked down and the cage is hanging with the chain on the ground. The hanger was still attached and bent. It was a XTR too. I replaced it with a XT though since that was the only one that REI had on hand.

Luckily it did not happen when I was 5 miles from home.

prophet0426

I hit it somewhere along the trail and was about a mile from home in the woods and heading up a hill and snap. I looked down and the cage is hanging with the chain on the ground. The hanger was still attached and bent. It was a XTR too. I replaced it with a XT though since that was the only one that REI had on hand.

Luckily it did not happen when I was 5 miles from home.

Ouch..... XT is as good as XTR these days. You should buy a XT shadow, that way it will sit tighter against the frame. I was running a standard XT and kept hitting thins and bending the derailleur so I bought the shadow style and now all is good.

Puck it

Ouch..... XT is as good as XTR these days. You should buy a XT shadow, that way it will sit tighter against the frame. I was running a standard XT and kept hitting thins and bending the derailleur so I bought the shadow style and now all is good.

I take a look at the box and see what the exact model it is. Still learning bike components differences.

BackLoafRiver

Done as well. Stuff around here is dry enough to start MTBing.

Well since the season is pretty much over, maybe we should try and get a large AZ group MTB ride together. Would be good to meet some people, and get out on the trails!

I thought we should do an AZ get together at KT this summer sometime.

prophet0426

Done as well. Stuff around here is dry enough to start MTBing.

I thought we should do an AZ get together at KT this summer sometime.

I'd do that. Plus the Nembafest is there this year as well. We could also try Franklin Falls in NH, might be a good 1/2 way point for people.