• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Willis giving away resort?

legalskier

Bruce Willis says he’s willing to give away Idaho ski area to a nonprofit
*** The actor told Camas County leaders he is willing to give the Soldier Mountain ski area in Fairfield to the right nonprofit.... It boasts 1,150 acres of in-bounds terrain, and its three lifts give access to a vertical rise of 1,425 feet. ***

Story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-a-nonprofit/2012/04/04/gIQAdZRhvS_story.html

Nick- how fast can you reorganize AZ into a non-profit? Hmm...

Paul_M

It's not a resort, it's in the middle of nowhere, and Sun Valley which is w/in an hour's drive dwarfs it in every respect.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Bump, apparently he did give it away.

http://unofficialnetworks.com/bruce-willis-hands-ski-hill-nonprofit-108520/

Bruce Willis has handed over control of his Idaho ski area, Soldier Mountain, to a non-profit operating entity.Details of the deal have not been made public but Willis indicated earlier this year that he would donate Soldier Mountain to a non-profit.Willis is planning on pulling up all stakes in Hailey, Idaho where he also ownes a home, bar and nightclub.
Here is some more information from our report made earlier this year.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, was just going to say that he did give it away. I guess it has a cat skiing operation. Sounds interesting.

mriceyman

If ya got the loot then why not

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

That is pretty cool! Nice to be in the right place at the right time!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone