• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington = WIN. 10" in 24 hour, K-1 might open tomorrow!

awf170

Today's the day. Tomorrow is going to be mank city. Pow just doesn't last beyond like 11am this time of year with the sun being so strong.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but I just don't want anyone taking tomorrow off with expectations of awesome chopped up pow. Granted it could still be okay, but it will be very very tough snow to ski.

2knees

Today's the day. Tomorrow is going to be mank city. Pow just doesn't last beyond like 11am this time of year with the sun being so strong.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but I just don't want anyone taking tomorrow off with expectations of awesome chopped up pow. Granted it could still be okay, but it will be very very tough snow to ski.

couldnt agree more. I can go tomorrow or friday. I chose friday because there's at least a chance it will be all bumped up and not just heavy manky slop.

hoping. not to say it wont be a shitshow by friday.

Glenn

Just when you thought this season couldn't get any crazier.... Kudos to those who can get out there and get it.

Madroch

Just when I thought I was out... it snows... Friday may be a possibility....if it is bumps and not mank slop....

mondeo

This morning was the two hours. Even with the entire mountain open and all the other resorts still open, the mountain gets tracked out in two hours. Looks like temps might be ok for it to be powder bumps this afternoon, but could just be Sierra Cement bumps by 2PM.

But it should make skiing this weekend much better.

Madroch

I'll have to make my decision by Thursday-- family will be away-- and dog needs to be cared for...I could pop her into the kennel Thursday night, and stay all weekend technically.... dog would be pissed though....or maybe a later arrival Friday and I could pop her into the kennel early Friday morning... possibilities possibilities....

2knees

I'll have to make my decision by Thursday-- family will be away-- and dog needs to be cared for...I could pop her into the kennel Thursday night, and stay all weekend technically.... dog would be pissed though....or maybe a later arrival Friday and I could pop her into the kennel early Friday morning... possibilities possibilities....

place doesnt open till 10 anyway. If my family was away, i'd be there today. wth are you even debating?????

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hopefully things are still good on Sunday. That's my tentative plan for now. Can't make it there sooner.

BMac

Website
apod.nasa.gov
I just got back. There was at least 18 inches of heavy snow down, lightly snowing all day, and the entire mountain was game on. Lots of powder hounds there though and Superstar chair was thoroughly beat by 11:30 which is when K-1 opened. K-1 lasted about as long. Afternoon was HEAVY crud and I called it a day at 2. Certainly a great surprise powder day enjoyed by all but difficult skiing. I"m not much of a groomer guy but I would have to say after the cats get at it, tomorrow will have endless creamy corduroy. Get after it!