• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New equipment from SAC

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
My saddle and my wife's bike shorts came in yesterday from SAC. Good stuff, I still have shorts coming in. Just sucks that now I'll have to wait until next season to truly try them out. But then again, should be skiing this weekend :spread:

Grassi21

My saddle and my wife's bike shorts came in yesterday from SAC. Good stuff, I still have shorts coming in. Just sucks that now I'll have to wait until next season to truly try them out. But then again, should be skiing this weekend :spread:

Just as frustrating as buying ski gear at the end of season sales and then waiting for the white stuff to fly the following season. My Nordica Beasts get their first action next Friday. Hopefully.... :snow:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Just as frustrating as buying ski gear at the end of season sales and then waiting for the white stuff to fly the following season. My Nordica Beasts get their first action next Friday. Hopefully.... :snow:

I have no problem with it. I buy end of season whenever possible, have saved tons of money doing that. But would be nice to go on a nice 40-50 mile ride to give the new equipment a good test :)

mlctvt

I have no problem with it. I buy end of season whenever possible, have saved tons of money doing that. But would be nice to go on a nice 40-50 mile ride to give the new equipment a good test

What's stopping you from riding now? Cold weather?:grin:
Local bike club continues road rides all winter , unless there's snow or ice.
I have to admit I rarely ride when it's below 40 degrees but i know alot of people who road bike below freezing.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I have to admit I rarely ride when it's below 40 degrees but i know alot of people who road bike below freezing.

1. Cold
2. Dark
3. I'm not as young and core as I used to be :)

saus

Riding in the dark has lost its luster. On the other hand, if the pavement is clear, I don't care about the cold, as long as it's in daylight.

SKIQUATTRO

so whats the difference between riding and skiing when its cold?? if you wear the proper gear you are fine, jeezzssshhh, thought you guys were hardcore.....

saus

so whats the difference between riding and skiing when its cold?? if you wear the proper gear you are fine, jeezzssshhh, thought you guys were hardcore.....

I second that emotion. In fact, I'm getting some of those Pearl Izumi "AmFib" bib tights that have the double wind protection layer in front. IO also wear rubber surgical gloves under the full finger bike gloves.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I am not "that" core, ever have been. Even in my younger days when 100+ mile rides @ 20+ mph were nothing special, the idea of riding in the dark, cold, or rain, just never appealed to me. I guess you can just call me a fair weather biker :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Got another package from SAC yesterday, pair of Oakley Bike Shorts. Great shorts! Unfortunetly they send the wrong size :( Called them up and they immediately emailed me a UPS shipping slip so that I don't have to pay postage and assured me they would send the right size. Gotta love this place.

bruno

I am not "that" core, ever have been. Even in my younger days when 100+ mile rides @ 20+ mph were nothing special, the idea of riding in the dark, cold, or rain, just never appealed to me. I guess you can just call me a fair weather biker :)

hey andy! get yourself an inexpensive fixed gear (like my aluminum iro), slap some fenders on that bad boy and you're all set for winter ridin'! the constant pedalin'll keep ya warm and the fenders'll keep ya dry! and fixed in ice and snow is a blast!! try it. cycle the year round!!!:cool: :razz: :dunce: :p :beer: :spread: :snow: :flag: :-D

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
hey andy! get yourself an inexpensive fixed gear (like my aluminum iro), slap some fenders on that bad boy and you're all set for winter ridin'! the constant pedalin'll keep ya warm and the fenders'll keep ya dry! and fixed in ice and snow is a blast!! try it. cycle the year round!!!:cool: :razz: :dunce: :p :beer: :spread: :snow: :flag: :-D

You know Bruno for as much as I love and loved biking, somehow I never had the desire to bike in the cold. Never had trouble riding in 90+ deg weather, but cold, no desire. Now my thought are more on running and skiing.

bruno

i hear ya! runnin' and skiin' are cool! i love both. mainly nordic skiin', but i'll downhill too!! hope we get lot's o' snow this winter!!:daffy: :beer: :spread: :snow: :snow: :spin:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
i hear ya! runnin' and skiin' are cool! i love both. mainly nordic skiin', but i'll downhill too!! hope we get lot's o' snow this winter!!:daffy: :beer: :spread: :snow: :snow: :spin:

Gonna try to get in at least one more ride this year, have to to try out my new saddle :) . We gonna see you on the slopes this year?