legalize it already - Page 111

AlpineZone

Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1185
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    You are correct. Although I thought NETA and INSA (etc) were going to be ready on July 1st to welcome all customers. In any case, I believe the delivery services are going to likely start advertising their services more openly around that time as well.

I will just say "All bud" and "Go Green"... enter that into your search
    Delivery is nice, but i am kind of excited to go into store and check out everything. Its gonna be blast once it does gets rolling!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Maine update, I received this last night at the Planning board meeting. (Seriously, all this work in Augusta and they still don't have a full set up for this, they ought to think about the tax revenue, that might get them going). Actually, this went into effect May of 2018, reflecting the vote from November 2016.

Marijuana establishments are NOT allowed in any town or city, unless the town or city votes to permit it. They may limit the overall number of them, and set permitting fees. Social clubs (Marijuana bars) are not allowed. They also can not charge any taxes other than traditional property taxes.

As far as personal use, there is no prohibition on cultivation, use, etc... Towns and cities can not charge a license or other type of fee. Specifically for home use.

Towns and cities may limit the number of plants, based upon these minimum allowable amounts (they can allow more).
    3 Mature plants
    12 immature plants
    Unlimited number of seedlings
    This applies to each person, 21 years of age in the home. (Husband and wife could have 6 mature plants, 24 immature plants, and unlimited seedlings)

All this applies to recreational marijuana, nothing has changed concerning medical use.
    lovin life,

Bob

My friends in Maine are killing it right now in their grow rooms.
    Shit is amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    Shit is amazing...
    All my wife's friends from high school that became contractors are driving new trucks with all the bells and whistles, bought cash. Electricians, plumbers, etc.

People are making serious coin.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    Shit is amazing...
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    All my wife's friends from high school that became contractors are driving new trucks with all the bells and whistles, bought cash. Electricians, plumbers, etc.

People are making serious coin.
    Where does it go from here though? Almost seems foolish to try and start getting into things now with so much uncertainty around recreational legalization and how the states/towns plan to run things and stock these stores.

Maine is one of the highest taxed states in the country. They'll figure out a way to get their share.

I wouldn't put my money into a direct weed investment either. But I did find it interesting the spill over effects to the trades. Like Levi's, the real money is made mining the miners.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Maine is one of the highest taxed states in the country. They'll figure out a way to get their share.

I wouldn't put my money into a direct weed investment either. But I did find it interesting the spill over effects to the trades. Like Levi's, the real money is made mining the miners.
    I'm more talking about the feasibility of growing at this point in the game.

If the state governments were smart, they'd grow in a large enough scale to outprice all of their competition even with hefty taxes included. However, I don't know that they'll go that route. Even California and Colorado stores aren't quite as low as their grey-market competitors. Will recreational shops be forced to source through certain state-approved people? I'm not sure the legislation and rules behind that part of it I guess.

I'm not in Colorado, but a lot of my buddies are. A good buddy also is a provider in Montana. It'll be different from state to state, but lets put it this way, I don't know anyone or any business that has lost money growing or selling pot. It is to easy to grow.

You don't see some guy for weed anymore, there is literally a store most likely around the corner. It really works as advertised getting it off the street so to speak.

You'll never see a state growing until it is legal on a federal level.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

I'm not in Colorado, but a lot of my buddies are. A good buddy also is a provider in Montana. It'll be different from state to state, but lets put it this way, I don't know anyone or any business that has lost money growing or selling pot. It is to easy to grow.

You don't see some guy for weed anymore, there is literally a store most likely around the corner. It really works as advertised getting it off the street so to speak.

You'll never see a state growing until it is legal on a federal level.
    Interesting about Montana and I agree about it being different state-to-state.
    I can see your 2nd point being true and not true depending on pricing, quality and customer comfort/feel.

The quality at the stores is pretty awesome. It also is tested so you know going into it just how high you are going to get, within reason.

Also the past year or two prices have really dropped now that the system is up and running for a couple years. 100 dollar ounces are pretty damn cheap.

With the street dealers though, they just moved on to pills, coke or whatever, so the taking it off the street thing isn't some great new thing, but a start.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Thread Information