• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

snoseek

Exit polls are showing it may very well be fully legal in colorado!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hopefully NH happens in the next two years. With our state motto, we should have been the first New England State.

snoseek

Hopefully NH happens in the next two years. With our state motto, we should have been the first New England State.

No kidding right? NH is super quirky like that. sometimes no rhyme or reason in NH.

snoseek

local news is saying 52% are in favor vs 43%. It looks like this may happen.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
CongratUlations to all the states that past the positive laws yesterday!!!

ScottySkis

Good for the people who can medically use but I keep wondering about the overflow to the recreational users...that was my concern when voting on this.

That is why it should be fully legal just like alcohol, and taxed.

snoseek

Good for the people who can medically use but I keep wondering about the overflow to the recreational users...that was my concern when voting on this.

Wait, you mean there may be refer on the streets of mass?

Yes there will be. I was living in Denver when it was passed and watched what happened. It was such a horror that Colorado as a state decided to just legalize it.

Prohibtion and the war on drugs are an epic fail.

jaja111

Well I can't say people here in Washington are exactly jumping in the streets. There seems to be more of an attitude of, "we did what?! yesterday?", like a blackout from drinking the night before. Now the questions come.

-How do we as a state legally wrangle with DC?
-How do we educate people to the dangers of pot like with what's done with alcohol and tobacco?
-How do we test drivers accurately determining what constitutes impairment when no data exists due to the scheduled banning of the substance?
-How do we regulate the infrastructure from production to sale? How do we etc. etc. etc.

At least this showed the support and opened the discussion... REALLY opened the discussion. It'll be 30 days until being officially state legal. In that time the federal lawsuits will be filed to block the law and the highway money spigot will be shut off. God only knows what the weed growers in BC to he north and Humboldt County, CA to the south are strategizing right now. I'll bet its "stay the course, not much is gonna change."

As far as the general public is concerned, I think their attitude is "no thanks, I'd rather keep my job than get high." On the morning after, I sort of have a bad idea about this whole thing.

ScottySkis

Well I can't say people here in Washington are exactly jumping in the streets. There seems to be more of an attitude of, "we did what?! yesterday?", like a blackout from drinking the night before. Now the questions come.

-How do we educate people to the dangers of pot like with what's done with alcohol and tobacco?
-How do we test drivers accurately determining what constitutes impairment when no data exists due to the scheduled banning of the substance?
-How do we regulate the infrastructure from production to sale? How do we etc. etc. etc.

At least this showed the support and opened the discussion... REALLY opened the discussion. It'll be 30 days until being officially state legal. In that time the federal lawsuits will be filed to block the law and the highway money spigot will be shut off. God only knows what the weed growers in BC to he north and Humboldt County, CA to the south are strategizing right now. I'll bet its "stay the course, not much is gonna change."

As far as the general public is concerned, I think their attitude is "no thanks, I'd rather keep my job than get high." On the morning after, I sort of have a bad idea about this whole thing.

You should never do any drug and drive, but being high on pot is a lot easier to drive then after drinking alcohol.

jaja111

Yup, just like the general public has the attitude of "I'd rather keep my job than show up drunk at work. But in the privacy of my home at the end of the day...."

At the end of the day, you can tie one on pretty good drinking and pass a breathalyzer the next morning.

At the end of the day, you can have a few bong hits and fail a urine analysis for up to three weeks.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

I'm not sure of the language of the specific laws, but I was under the impression, that these newly passed laws merely decriminalize possession of an ounce (or some other amount). Meaning that the states will no longer prosecute people for possession. The Feds can do whatever they want....but when was the last time that you heard of a Federal prosecution for possession of an ounce. Plus, I believe the Feds have directives under Obama's Justice Dept. to not prosecute possession only distribution. The Feds can, if they are so inclined, prosecute someone for possession under the Federal laws, but after last night, it seems that may be at least 4 years into our future.

Last edited: