legalize it already - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

yeah but...

Basically, ya'll are preaching to the choir here, and failing to compare pot with sobriety. Compared to sobriety, pot is boring. Compared to sobriety, pot is expensive. Compared to sobriety, pot is a bad role model.
    Total agreement about the drug war fiasco. Also have dealer friends who want to see weed stay illegal. Sobriety supports no cartel, no government. That helps free MY mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mattm59 View Post
    Basically, ya'll are preaching to the choir here, and failing to compare pot with sobriety. Compared to sobriety, pot is boring. Compared to sobriety, pot is expensive. Compared to sobriety, pot is a bad role model.
    Total agreement about the drug war fiasco. Also have dealer friends who want to see weed stay illegal. Sobriety supports no cartel, no government. That helps free MY mind.
    Sobriety? WTF is this word you speak of?

That's no help to the economy.

so what you're saying is you're convinced that your sober life is happier/better than the lives of pot smokers?

glad your life is great. glad YOUR mind is free. everyone deserves that.

......but remember.......don't tread on me.

yeah, definitely better

I smoked from 15-38, quite heavily for most of that time, grew, sold yadayada and for some reason just stopped.The dead bird in a purchase didn't help(Yeah...quantity). It was impossible to quit when I wanted to, but when I just decided to it was way easier than I thought it's be. I go to a lot of concerts, see a lot of people smoking, and stronger, and know I'm having at least as much fun as them. No more withdrawals, no more "shit, I'm way too used to this", no more reaching for the wallet, hanging with people just after my weed. At my age, with my past, I need all the brain cells I have left to be functioning at the best they can achieve

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    so what you're saying is you're convinced that your sober life is happier/better than the lives of pot smokers?

Glad your life is great. Glad your mind is free. Everyone deserves that.

......but remember.......don't tread on me.
    +420

I smoked from 15-38, quite heavily for most of that time, grew, sold yadayada and for some reason just stopped.The dead bird in a purchase didn't help(Yeah...quantity). It was impossible to quit when I wanted to, but when I just decided to it was way easier than I thought it's be. I go to a lot of concerts, see a lot of people smoking, and stronger, and know I'm having at least as much fun as them. No more withdrawals, no more "shit, I'm way too used to this", no more reaching for the wallet, hanging with people just after my weed. At my age, with my past, I need all the brain cells I have left to be functioning at the best they can achieve
    Um yeah, what you're talking about is definitely drug abuse IMO. Concerts are full of stupid people, or smart people with a temporary stupid pass.

Dealing drugs is crminal, far more than doing them. That's a good warning sign that you've taken things too far. Everything you describe former self is that of someone with an addiction issue. Good for you for pulling your shit together, repect, really.

I personally can't think of one way that smoking pot has negatively impacted my life. Not my work, play, finaces ect...I don't smoke every day but do several times per week. I try to set boundries like no smoking before or during work, on the road, ect...basically just for fun. I keep my drug use limited to weed and weed based hash.

I can think of many others that responsibly smoke quite often.

Dead bird? I've found pebbles and twigs, but never a dead animal.

That would put a damper on things I'll admit.

You made a choice that changed your life for the better. That's great.

What is right for you is not right for everyone though.

Respect the freedom and desires of others to make their own personal choices.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    You made a choice that changed your life for the better. That's great.

What is right for you is not right for everyone though.

Respect the freedom and desires of others to make their own personal choices.
    I agree with everything you said, and believe in legalization for more reasons than I care to list, even though I don't partake. That said, Matt's original post kind of gels with the point you have made in the past that comparing the harmful effects of alcohol to mj perhaps isn't the best argument for legalization.

Thread Information