• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

Grassi21

I smoke 2 joints in the morning I smoke 2 joints at night
I smoke 2 joints in the afternoon it makes me feel alright

let's not skimp on these lyrics...

I smoke two joints in the morning
I smoke two joint at night
I smoke two joint in the afternoon
It makes me feel all right

I smoke two joints in time of peace
And two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
And then I smoke two more

Daddy he once told me,
"Son, you be hard workin' man"
And momma she once told me,
"Son, you do the best you can"
Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

snoseek

I did a drug ops tour in the Navy. Several ships, coast guard, navy seals, thousands of of officers and enlisted men deployed for 90 days with the sole purpose of intercepting drugs. I couldn't possibly put a figure on that kind of operation. The entire fleet did not find so much as a seed!

Posting from somewhere in Iowa "souveniers" from Cali. Wish me luck!!!!!

JimG.

Staff member
Ever have to take a drug test to get a job? Ever think it's pretty unfair that someone could go out and get stinking drunk the night before the test and pass with flying colors but the poor schmuck who took 3 tokes off a joint 3 weeks ago fails and doesn't get the job?

I once failed a drug test and I hadn't smoked pot for months. There was no arguing with the lab or the crap company I'm now glad I don't work for. So I did some research and talked to a few folks in the know and found out that labs routinely fail urine samples that are too diluted with water on the assumption that the person is trying to hide drug use. Yeah, I drink alot of water, but not to hide MJ use, I drink alot because it's healthy.

So I lost out on a job because I'm healthy. Probably to some obese drunk who will drop in their tracks one day.

SkiFanE

I did a drug ops tour in the Navy. Several ships, coast guard, navy seals, thousands of of officers and enlisted men deployed for 90 days with the sole purpose of intercepting drugs. I couldn't possibly put a figure on that kind of operation. The entire fleet did not find so much as a seed!

Posting from somewhere in Iowa "souveniers" from Cali. Wish me luck!!!!!

Our friends was one of those Coast Gurad guys. Did you know if you empty your big flashlight of batteries, there is a big empty compartment there? Yup...he'd fill it solid with herb each "mission". This was back in 80s...who knows if one could get away with the same thing nowadays.

snoseek

Then there was those guys that welded into the bulkhead of the up in the chain locker and stuffed many many pounds of weed. They got caught, that's a true story. I was clean as a whistle when I was in which also explained why I drank ridiculous amounts of alcohol. I choose to puff as its much easier on the body and mind.

snoseek

Ever have to take a drug test to get a job? Ever think it's pretty unfair that someone could go out and get stinking drunk the night before the test and pass with flying colors but the poor schmuck who took 3 tokes off a joint 3 weeks ago fails and doesn't get the job?

I once failed a drug test and I hadn't smoked pot for months. There was no arguing with the lab or the crap company I'm now glad I don't work for. So I did some research and talked to a few folks in the know and found out that labs routinely fail urine samples that are too diluted with water on the assumption that the person is trying to hide drug use. Yeah, I drink alot of water, but not to hide MJ use, I drink alot because it's healthy.

So I lost out on a job because I'm healthy. Probably to some obese drunk who will drop in their tracks one day.

Yeah I think its the companies loss if they want to disqualify so many people. 9 out of ten times your better off not working for a company like that.

If you were to make the argument that its a job that requires the lives of others than I would hear that argument but to be fair I just assume in that situation there is a zero drug OR alcohol policy. I wonder how airline pilots and doctors would feel about that.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
And, I know many people that smoke pot daily and are extremely successful business owners, professionals, parents and people. What's your point here? Smoking a few hits of pot a day is not going to make one unhealthy or a burn-out if they lead an otherwise healthy lifestyle.

Really? Daily?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snoseek

Really? Daily?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just let go of your preconceived notions. A ton of norml:wink: people smoke on a regular basis. The media and younger potheads alike have done a very good job at convincing people that pot makes you an utter retard.

I'm not talking about someone that wakes up and rips bonghits before work. I mean using as a tool to wind down or in my case focus. It's a hell of alot less self destructive and overall less addictive than the after work coctail IMO.

Geoff

Yeah I think its the companies loss if they want to disqualify so many people. 9 out of ten times your better off not working for a company like that.

If you were to make the argument that its a job that requires the lives of others than I would hear that argument but to be fair I just assume in that situation there is a zero drug OR alcohol policy. I wonder how airline pilots and doctors would feel about that.

On the flip side, a screening that includes employment verification going back 10 years, credit check, criminal record check, and a drug test can ward off some really painful hiring mistakes. Testing positive for pot might not be an automatic disqualification but it's a piece of the puzzle to try to figure out if someone is misrepresenting themselves. Most places, it's really difficult to get rid of a hiring mistake after they get in the door.

snoseek

On the flip side, a screening that includes employment verification going back 10 years, credit check, criminal record check, and a drug test can ward off some really painful hiring mistakes. Testing positive for pot might not be an automatic disqualification but it's a piece of the puzzle to try to figure out if someone is misrepresenting themselves. Most places, it's really difficult to get rid of a hiring mistake after they get in the door.

I can sort of see where you're coming from here. I have no direct experience with this at all as my industry is sort of tight knit and word of mouth. When it comes to drugs I'll just quietly ask people around if they're into blow or hard drugs and get a direct answer. Generally everyone knows someone that has worked with them. Kind of like the whole seven degrees of Kevin Bacon lol.

Last year I had a guy lose his shit over the summer snorting those designer "bath salts" and salvia that are sold in certain stores. I can't beleive they sell that crap at the corner gas stations. Talk about self destructive!!!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member

why not an alcohol test as well then?

My father ran the corporate finance division for the 2nd largest bank in the state of CT at the end of his career. He drank every single day of his career, usually 3-4 beers or glasses of scotch a night during the week and typically more on the weekends.

My cousin is a high ranking financial analyst for a major British bank and has smoked every single day for the past 15 years.

Both extremely successful business professionals.

What's the difference?

SkiFanE

Healthcare does not drug test. They test you for TB, Measles though. Worked at many over my career, the only time I've been tested was when I was consulting and to work through the consulting agency I had to be tested. Look at hiring ads...at least in the NE they don't require it. Always wondered why..maybe they realize it's not the worst thing in the world? Narcs are highly secure now.

snoseek

I also find it kind of messed up that someone can go out on a friday night, do a tony montana mountain of blow and piss clean monday morning. Same with meth, heroin, acid ect....

BUT a few tokes and you're out a job. So basically the hard drug users and alcoholics remain, while the occasional smoker is SOL. Doesn't make any sense to me, the system is flawed.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I had to take my boss for a drug and alcohol piss screening test once right in the middle of a work day. Talk about uncomfortable and humiliating.

deadheadskier

Staff member
one is illegal and the other isn't?

sure

but at the core, I'm describing two very successful businessmen whose extracurricular activities had/have zero affect on their work performance. My father drank everyday after work and my cousin smokes everyday after work for the same reason; to take the edge off, relax and forget about work for a bit, then wake up the next day and kick ass at their jobs.

As someone who ran restaurants for a decade, I can tell you, employees with drinking problems were a far greater concern for me than employees who smoked pot.

gmcunni

i'm told the local grocery store ( a regional chain) has a drug testing program. i find that surprising based on the number of high school kids working there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
corporations get price breaks from their insurance companies for having drug testing policies.........

snoseek

corporations get price breaks from their insurance companies for having drug testing policies.........

Yeah and also they will often opt for a saliva test vs. a urine test. I'm pretty sure it stays in your urine longer than your saliva.Also it's usually a one time thing.

If F&B as a whole drug tested, you all would be cooking virtually all of your meals. There would be no more complaining about overpriced cafeteria food lol.

jlboyell

saliva tests are easy to pass. and yes i can do a speedball 4 days before a piss test and pass, but smoke will show up for 3 months. and to the "one is illegal and one isnt," thats the point of this thread. the difference is that the drinker can obtain his drug of choice at a store, and the smoker has to have a guy who has a guy. i think its pretty common knowledge, or at least it should be, is that the guy your buying weed from is only a person or two removed from the guy who has guns and really isnt on the up and up