• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

twinplanx

I am a herb. I exist for a reason. For far too long I have been judged on lies. Greedy people will get what they want no matter what is destroyed, and I am a casualty of that war. I am Cannabis, and this is my manifesto.

I have never killed anyone, and yet I am often accused of this crime. I do not kill. I give life. Your body was made for me. Some people who have had made unwise decisions have been involved in tragic situations while partaking in me, but these people were already in a state of mind to make those decisions. I do not kill.

For thousands of years I have been used by those on a spiritual journey. Every major religion has used me at some point, and I have helped them draw closer to the Divine.

I am an enhancer. A helper. It is true that some people abuse me. They see me as illicit, so they play a role while associating with me. These people are immature and do not deserve me; yet I always hope that I am helping them on some level.

I magnify. I tear down walls...filters. You can know yourself. Peer into your own soul. I can help you become a better person.

The medical community is behind me. I make people better. Not sick.

When used maturely, I give life. In any situation, I never give death.

I am Cannabis. I was here long before you were born, and I will be here long after you are dead. I now live in a time where people deny me for profit. Soon I will live in a time where those same people try to exploit me for greed. I will not stand for either. I seek balance, and through my brothers and sisters I will achieve it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
This may be the most beautiful, coherent thing you have ever posted on here. 😪

ScottySkis

This may be the most beautiful, coherent thing you have ever posted on here. 😪
Thanks,i went into Scotty Language on purpose yesterday. Back to normal Post's with spelled out words from my Android phone as I Been for a while. I wish I had wrote that truth about Cannibus but someone else not Scotty wrote it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

twinplanx

A beautiful piece all the same. I'm glad you can tolerate a good natured ribbing. I can't smoke because of random drug tests at my job. I honestly think it's healthier than alcohol and blame big pharmaceutical companies for the way things are.

ScottySkis

So I really hope and think this next election cycle in November that people will vote for it makes then ever in the past. Massachusetts. What you guys and gals think.

dlague

Funny thing here in Colorado, cities and towns )not all but several) are all trying to come up with rules to shut down MJ sales! Mostly due to the amount of illegal grow operations. While has been a boon in Colorado resulting in refund checks for tax payers, new issues have surfaced. Oddly enough, it certainly helped the educational system though.

yeggous

Going to be interesting! Surprised to see the small cage ban doing so well too! I would not have guessed that would be the biggest margin.

Especially considering it will have little to no impact. There is only one farm in the state that would be affected by the law. And federal courts are very likely to invalidate its restrictions on out of state imports.

Jully

Especially considering it will have little to no impact. There is only one farm in the state that would be affected by the law. And federal courts are very likely to invalidate its restrictions on out of state imports.

Well maybe that's why people are voting for it. I definitely don't see the import thing lasting for very long.

SkiFanE

I live in MA. The Ballot Question is pages and pages long. I couldn't read it. As a historical recreational user I've decided to vote No. Mostly because when you get govt involved in anything, it's gonna be a nightmare. What I would vote for is decriminalization. A legalization question should not take 12 pages of descriptions, rules, caveats and subclauses - right away you know it's not going to change a thing except More beauracracy. And as much as I enjoy my vice - I'm not sure I want it alongside cigs at the grocery store. And I don't want some newfangled drug test for drivers that will be unreliable but somehow appease people that no one is driving under the influence. This question has headache and beauracracy written all over it. The last ballot initiative is still being put into place and it's been years. And once they're voted on - they can be changed or gutted by elected officials. So believe it or not, I'm voting No to keep my vice status quo :)

JimG.

Staff member
I live in MA. The Ballot Question is pages and pages long. I couldn't read it. As a historical recreational user I've decided to vote No. Mostly because when you get govt involved in anything, it's gonna be a nightmare. What I would vote for is decriminalization. A legalization question should not take 12 pages of descriptions, rules, caveats and subclauses - right away you know it's not going to change a thing except More beauracracy. And as much as I enjoy my vice - I'm not sure I want it alongside cigs at the grocery store. And I don't want some newfangled drug test for drivers that will be unreliable but somehow appease people that no one is driving under the influence. This question has headache and beauracracy written all over it. The last ballot initiative is still being put into place and it's been years. And once they're voted on - they can be changed or gutted by elected officials. So believe it or not, I'm voting No to keep my vice status quo :)

+1; as I learn more about the already occurring big business money grabs achieved through regulation and red tape (read FDA), I am less and less enthusiastic about legalization myself. I also support total decriminalization both state and federal; applicable to possession and growing for personal use.

Probably too late already, Wall Street is drooling over the potential investment windfall.

Edd

Going from memory, you can grow up to 6 plants at a time for home use in Wash. D.C. I'd think that should be fine for the average household if this plan was widely adopted.

dlague

Going from memory, you can grow up to 6 plants at a time for home use in Wash. D.C. I'd think that should be fine for the average household if this plan was widely adopted.

That was the same in Colorado but since they are having trouble regulating it they want to do away with home grow operations. The other problem here is the high cost of MJ and related products has created a black market and many illegal grow operations which they have been cracking down on. Some towns are even regulating the sale by limiting it to medical sales as in Colorado Springs.

Edd

That was the same in Colorado but since they are having trouble regulating it they want to do away with home grow operations. The other problem here is the high cost of MJ and related products has created a black market and many illegal grow operations which they have been cracking down on. Some towns are even regulating the sale by limiting it to medical sales as in Colorado Springs.

I'll take those problems all day long. I wish it were on the ballot in NH.