legalize it already - Page 53

AlpineZone

Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    http://www.theweedblog.com/new-hamps...ote-postponed/ should get voted on sometime next week...I'm not too hopeful but we'll see.
    You know for a state like nh that makes much of it's revenue on "sin" taxes, it makes a lot of sense. Even if it passes I bet the governor vetoes it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Passed the House......step in the right direction.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS-140119823
    You beat me posting this. Governor of NH saids she will veto bill. Hopefully people go in Government email local senators and tell them to governor not to veto the bill.

She's a first term governor. I doubt she changes her mind. It's too controversial for someone looking to get reelected and who doesn't have much of a track record yet.

But, it's a step. Like Colorado and Utah, legalization will need to get on the ballot for the people to vote on. The support is there in the polls of residents, but as we know government officials don't represent their constituents well.

She's a first term governor. I doubt she changes her mind. It's too controversial for someone looking to get reelected and who doesn't have much of a track record yet.

But, it's a step. Like Colorado and Utah, legalization will need to get on the ballot for the people to vote on. The support is there in the polls of residents, but as we know government officials don't represent their constituents well.
    Her FB page has gone to shit over this issue. I posted my two cents. I think in the coming years politicians running for office are going to take a different stance on this as its a growing issue with the majority. Funny thing is it's getting support from both the right and the left. Her polls are favorable but I bet they take a hit after the veto

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Her FB page has gone to shit over this issue. I posted my two cents. I think in the coming years politicians running for office are going to take a different stance on this as its a growing issue with the majority. Funny thing is it's getting support from both the right and the left. Her polls are favorable but I bet they take a hit after the veto
    She's getting an email from me.

Really surprised about NH. I know a few years ago they fell 3 votes short of the 2/3s needed to overturn the veto on medicinal.

Great stuff on NPR this morning about Florida taking a step in the right direction and allowing specific strains of medical marijuana (Charlotte's Web was discussed most). Hey, it is a step.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

If she yields to public pressure and this goes through, can you even imagine the kind of cash the first few licensed stores in Seabrook and Salem, NH would make?

That's assuming they allow private retailers.

I would assume the State would take the same approach on cannabis as they do liquor and make them state run stores. Or maybe they couldn't/wouldn't do that because cannabis is still illegal under the eyes of the Fed. Having state run stores would increase the revenue to the state by 500% if not more, over just collecting a $30 an ounce tax as the House bill proposes. That bill estimates a $30M revenue gain to the state, which is a nice chunk of change. $150M plus from a State run operation directed towards education investment? Game changer for a little state like NH with education funding problems.

If she yields to public pressure and this goes through, can you even imagine the kind of cash the first few licensed stores in Seabrook and Salem, NH would make?

That's assuming they allow private retailers.

I would assume the State would take the same approach on cannabis as they do liquor and make them state run stores. Or maybe they couldn't/wouldn't do that because cannabis is still illegal under the eyes of the Fed. Having state run stores would increase the revenue to the state by 500% if not more, over just collecting a $30 an ounce tax as the House bill proposes. That bill estimates a $30M revenue gain to the state, which is a nice chunk of change. $150M plus from a State run operation directed towards education investment? Game changer for a little state like NH with education funding problems.
    And I would ski in NH more often if was legal their.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4627740.html

With a majority of Americans now in favor marijuana legalization, President Barack Obama is now saying weed is no more dangerous to individuals' health than alcohol.In an interview with the New Yorker's David Remnick published Sunday, Obama said while he believes marijuana is "not very healthy," the drug isn't as harmful as some insist.

ďAs has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I donít think it is more dangerous than alcohol," Obama told Remnick.

When asked if he believes marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, Obama said it is less damaging "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer."

"Itís not something I encourage, and Iíve told my daughters I think itís a bad idea, a waste of time, not very healthy," he added.
    More at link.

Thread Information