• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

Mpdsnowman

Well we can all thank the computer for connecting business policies/procedures and our rights to be who we are outside of work.

Hell when there was no computer I could leave work , go to a bar and say "My boss is a lousy piece of useless shit and couldnt find her way out of a bag if both ends were open, I cant wait for that bitch to get fired". I could go out in the back porch of that bars patio, smoke a big fat joint, do a big biker line and go shoot Qball with some buddies and eventually take a chick home and bang her brains out....and none of that could have any real implications on my life...

If that was today and I had a smartphone and posted each event separately above in my facebook from my mobilephone app(which btw I do not have one of those phones), I could be fired the next day simply cause someone read it on my facebook and opened their mouths at work...

Breeze

too bad welfare peeps don't have to pass the same test to receive their "income" from government, but that's a whole different thread :stirpot:

Yes it is, but just imagine........ if growing for a legal market was an open option, we could have a whole new LEGITIMATE " cottage industry" and put some " welfare peeps" in gainful employment. We'd call them Local Growers.

:stirpot:

Breeze

jlboyell

too bad welfare peeps don't have to pass the same test to receive their "income" from government, but that's a whole different thread :stirpot:

yes, a completely different thread. but the fact still remains. you will mostly catch smokers. alcoholics, junkies and speed freaks will likely get by more than weed users and that also doesnt seem fair

also, if ur doing some illegal shit, dont take pics, video or post about it online. thats on you, you know ur being watched, in some capacity

gmcunni

Well we can all thank the computer for connecting business policies/procedures and our rights to be who we are outside of work.

Hell when there was no computer I could leave work , go to a bar and say "My boss is a lousy piece of useless shit and couldnt find her way out of a bag if both ends were open, I cant wait for that bitch to get fired". I could go out in the back porch of that bars patio, smoke a big fat joint, do a big biker line and go shoot Qball with some buddies and eventually take a chick home and bang her brains out....and none of that could have any real implications on my life...

If that was today and I had a smartphone and posted each event separately above in my facebook from my mobilephone app(which btw I do not have one of those phones), I could be fired the next day simply cause someone read it on my facebook and opened their mouths at work...

but you could do all that, not mention it online and live happily every after.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nick, just because you can't see yourself doing it before work, doesn't mean that others can't.

I have a service delivery schematic I need to start drawing today. I'm no artist, but you can bet that before I sit down to start drawing, I'm hitting the vape.

Not disagreeing .... I can certainly see benefit in the creative fields ( art, music)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

steamboat1

Yes it is, but just imagine........ if growing for a legal market was an open option, we could have a whole new LEGITIMATE " cottage industry" and put some " welfare peeps" in gainful employment. We'd call them Local Growers.

:stirpot:

Breeze

Them peeps work?

Never happen.

We'll just need more Mexican labor.

Mpdsnowman

In all honesty guys you cant have a thread like this.......without a photo or two lol...I mean some may not even know what it looks like right lol...

0910101015.jpg

Ok you guys continue your legal or not conversations and we will continue to monitor the progress lol

bigbog

On the flip side, a screening that includes employment verification going back 10 years, credit check, criminal record check, and a drug test can ward off some really painful hiring mistakes. Testing positive for pot might not be an automatic disqualification but it's a piece of the puzzle to try to figure out if someone is misrepresenting themselves. Most places, it's really difficult to get rid of a hiring mistake after they get in the door.

Agreed...and I've found mgmnt willing to go with the "cheaper" to do the changing of the guard..ie can the older people and pay less.....delay benes another few decades while they're running the ship/shop, than to re-train skills.

legalskier

Pot Legalization Could Save U.S. $13.7 Billion Per Year, 300 Economists Say
...More than 300 economists, including three nobel laureates, have signed a petition calling attention to the findings of a paper by Harvard economist Jeffrey Miron, which suggests that if the government legalized marijuana it would save $7.7 billion annually by not having to enforce the current prohibition on the drug. The report added that legalization would save an additional $6 billion per year if the government taxed marijuana at rates similar to alcohol and tobacco....

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/economists-marijuana-legalization_n_1431840.html

darent

janski and I took a walk on sunday and ten feet off the walking trail some nuckle head had three boxes of starter plants and two white bags of potting soil sitting out in the open, left the dumbass a note reminding him that the path is well used!!