• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
yeah but...

Basically, ya'll are preaching to the choir here, and failing to compare pot with sobriety. Compared to sobriety, pot is boring. Compared to sobriety, pot is expensive. Compared to sobriety, pot is a bad role model.
Total agreement about the drug war fiasco. Also have dealer friends who want to see weed stay illegal. Sobriety supports no cartel, no government. That helps free MY mind.:grin:

snoseek

Basically, ya'll are preaching to the choir here, and failing to compare pot with sobriety. Compared to sobriety, pot is boring. Compared to sobriety, pot is expensive. Compared to sobriety, pot is a bad role model.
Total agreement about the drug war fiasco. Also have dealer friends who want to see weed stay illegal. Sobriety supports no cartel, no government. That helps free MY mind.:grin:

Sobriety? WTF is this word you speak of?:razz:

steamboat1

That's no help to the economy.

deadheadskier

Staff member

so what you're saying is you're convinced that your sober life is happier/better than the lives of pot smokers?

glad your life is great. glad YOUR mind is free. everyone deserves that.

......but remember.......don't tread on me. ;)

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
yeah, definitely better

I smoked from 15-38, quite heavily for most of that time, grew, sold yadayada and for some reason just stopped.The dead bird in a purchase didn't help(Yeah...quantity). It was impossible to quit when I wanted to, but when I just decided to it was way easier than I thought it's be. I go to a lot of concerts, see a lot of people smoking, and stronger, and know I'm having at least as much fun as them. No more withdrawals, no more "shit, I'm way too used to this", no more reaching for the wallet, hanging with people just after my weed. At my age, with my past, I need all the brain cells I have left to be functioning at the best they can achieve :)

snoseek

I smoked from 15-38, quite heavily for most of that time, grew, sold yadayada and for some reason just stopped.The dead bird in a purchase didn't help(Yeah...quantity). It was impossible to quit when I wanted to, but when I just decided to it was way easier than I thought it's be. I go to a lot of concerts, see a lot of people smoking, and stronger, and know I'm having at least as much fun as them. No more withdrawals, no more "shit, I'm way too used to this", no more reaching for the wallet, hanging with people just after my weed. At my age, with my past, I need all the brain cells I have left to be functioning at the best they can achieve :)

Um yeah, what you're talking about is definitely drug abuse IMO. Concerts are full of stupid people, or smart people with a temporary stupid pass.

Dealing drugs is crminal, far more than doing them. That's a good warning sign that you've taken things too far. Everything you describe former self is that of someone with an addiction issue. Good for you for pulling your shit together, repect, really.

I personally can't think of one way that smoking pot has negatively impacted my life. Not my work, play, finaces ect...I don't smoke every day but do several times per week. I try to set boundries like no smoking before or during work, on the road, ect...basically just for fun. I keep my drug use limited to weed and weed based hash.

I can think of many others that responsibly smoke quite often.

JimG.

Staff member

Dead bird? I've found pebbles and twigs, but never a dead animal.

That would put a damper on things I'll admit.

deadheadskier

Staff member

You made a choice that changed your life for the better. That's great.

What is right for you is not right for everyone though.

Respect the freedom and desires of others to make their own personal choices.

Riverskier

You made a choice that changed your life for the better. That's great.

What is right for you is not right for everyone though.

Respect the freedom and desires of others to make their own personal choices.

I agree with everything you said, and believe in legalization for more reasons than I care to list, even though I don't partake. That said, Matt's original post kind of gels with the point you have made in the past that comparing the harmful effects of alcohol to mj perhaps isn't the best argument for legalization.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Maybe I'm wrong, but I took Matt's initial point as projecting a decision that was right for him as a decision that's right for everyone.

I don't believe in that.

I've got no problem with someone living a sober life, but don't tell me not to drink a beer or enjoy a joint.

I've got no problem with vegetarians, but don't tell me not to eat a steak.

I've got no problem with religious people, but don't tell me I need to go to church on Sundays.

JimG.

Staff member
Maybe I'm wrong, but I took Matt's initial point as projecting a decision that was right for him as a decision that's right for everyone.

I didn't take it that way. I took it as his proclamation that sobriety was the best choice for him.

I used to drink booze and beer alot but barely drink at all now and that was an excellent choice for me.

I used to smoke cigarettes but quit completely 30 years ago, another excellent choice for me.

But I don't care if other people drink or smoke, and don't care to try to convince them to stop. That's their choice, and in that regard I totally agree with you.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Congratulations Connecticut on becoming the 17th state to legalize medical marijuana.
bongin.gif

(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Dannel P. Malloy has signed into law legislation that allows licensed physicians to certify an adult patient’s use of medicinal marijuana after determining that the patient has a specified debilitating disease or medical condition and could benefit from its regulated treatment. The new law puts in place a number of safeguards designed to prevent potential abuse and carefully control its handling.

Governor Malloy: Gov. Malloy Signs Legislation Providing Relief to Some Patients with Chronic, Debilitating Medical Conditions

snoseek

It takes a 10 minute visit to get a card and then you can supply your own grass. This would be a giant leap for the rest of the states however....

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Dealing drugs is crminal, far more than doing them. That's a good warning sign that you've taken things too far.

I personally can't think of one way that smoking pot has negatively impacted my life.
Are you setting up a double standard? Smoking pot has no negative effects on your life but dealing drugs is taking things too far? Unless you are growing your own, you need to buy from someone. It is a crying shame that selling pot isn't legal. The Gov could make a lot of tax revenue on it and people wouldn't have their lives ruined for just trying to get by when "legit" prospects are weak.

snoseek

Well I don't deal drugs so not really. I buy 90 percent of my pot direct from legal growers in both Colorado and California. The criminal part for me is bringing back my own personal supply for the summer when im in NH...It's a long drive. If I was caught in certain states with my own personal stash then yes, it would definitely not be a good thing. My methods are foolproof however.

Theres lots and lots of money to be saved and made with full legalization. Sure many would grow it, just like many brew beer but the masses would pay the tax and opt for the convenience imo.