• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

deadheadskier

Staff member
She's a first term governor. I doubt she changes her mind. It's too controversial for someone looking to get reelected and who doesn't have much of a track record yet.

But, it's a step. Like Colorado and Utah, legalization will need to get on the ballot for the people to vote on. The support is there in the polls of residents, but as we know government officials don't represent their constituents well.

snoseek

She's a first term governor. I doubt she changes her mind. It's too controversial for someone looking to get reelected and who doesn't have much of a track record yet.

But, it's a step. Like Colorado and Utah, legalization will need to get on the ballot for the people to vote on. The support is there in the polls of residents, but as we know government officials don't represent their constituents well.
Her FB page has gone to shit over this issue. I posted my two cents. I think in the coming years politicians running for office are going to take a different stance on this as its a growing issue with the majority. Funny thing is it's getting support from both the right and the left. Her polls are favorable but I bet they take a hit after the veto

Edd

Her FB page has gone to shit over this issue. I posted my two cents. I think in the coming years politicians running for office are going to take a different stance on this as its a growing issue with the majority. Funny thing is it's getting support from both the right and the left. Her polls are favorable but I bet they take a hit after the veto

She's getting an email from me.

Tin

Really surprised about NH. I know a few years ago they fell 3 votes short of the 2/3s needed to overturn the veto on medicinal.

Great stuff on NPR this morning about Florida taking a step in the right direction and allowing specific strains of medical marijuana (Charlotte's Web was discussed most). Hey, it is a step.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If she yields to public pressure and this goes through, can you even imagine the kind of cash the first few licensed stores in Seabrook and Salem, NH would make?

That's assuming they allow private retailers.

I would assume the State would take the same approach on cannabis as they do liquor and make them state run stores. Or maybe they couldn't/wouldn't do that because cannabis is still illegal under the eyes of the Fed. Having state run stores would increase the revenue to the state by 500% if not more, over just collecting a $30 an ounce tax as the House bill proposes. That bill estimates a $30M revenue gain to the state, which is a nice chunk of change. $150M plus from a State run operation directed towards education investment? Game changer for a little state like NH with education funding problems.

ScottySkis

If she yields to public pressure and this goes through, can you even imagine the kind of cash the first few licensed stores in Seabrook and Salem, NH would make?

That's assuming they allow private retailers.

I would assume the State would take the same approach on cannabis as they do liquor and make them state run stores. Or maybe they couldn't/wouldn't do that because cannabis is still illegal under the eyes of the Fed. Having state run stores would increase the revenue to the state by 500% if not more, over just collecting a $30 an ounce tax as the House bill proposes. That bill estimates a $30M revenue gain to the state, which is a nice chunk of change. $150M plus from a State run operation directed towards education investment? Game changer for a little state like NH with education funding problems.

And I would ski in NH more often if was legal their.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/19/obama-marijuana-alcohol_n_4627740.html

With a majority of Americans now in favor marijuana legalization, President Barack Obama is now saying weed is no more dangerous to individuals' health than alcohol.In an interview with the New Yorker's David Remnick published Sunday, Obama said while he believes marijuana is "not very healthy," the drug isn't as harmful as some insist.

“As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol," Obama told Remnick.

When asked if he believes marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, Obama said it is less damaging "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer."

"It’s not something I encourage, and I’ve told my daughters I think it’s a bad idea, a waste of time, not very healthy," he added.

More at link.

AdironRider

Hassan is one and done if you ask me, vetoing this just goes against the whole live free or die thing.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/super-bowl-weed-recipes_n_4637987.html

It happened. The only two states in the country where marijuana has been legalized for recreational use are sending teams to the Super Bowl this year. The Denver Broncos will face off against the Seattle Seahawks in a showdown that can only be described as made for stoners. The Bud Bowl, Weed Bowl, Hash Bowl -- call it what you will, this year's Super Bowl is the game marijuana-enthusiasts everywhere have been waiting for.Since everyone knows Super Bowl Sunday is America's biggest excuse outside of Thanksgiving to chow down, this year is the perfect occasion to try a pot recipe or edible -- for fans residing in states where it's legal, of course! There seems like no better way to get in the spirit.
The possibilities for marijuana-enhanced food extend well beyond your average pot brownie (which doesn't have to be average at all, in fact). There are cannabis cocktails and no-bake (pun intended) weed cookies. There's caramel "potcorn," mashed "pot-atoes, and "pot chocolate."
You can make pretty much anything with marijuana butter, including the Super Bowl's shining star: Buffalo wings!
Call them munchies or just a tribute to the two states with teams in the game, weed-filled foods are sure to set the right mood on Super Bowl Sunday.

slide_334136_3343430_free.jpg
slide_334136_3343432_free.jpg
slide_334136_3343437_free.jpg

snoseek

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rges-move-toward-marijuana-decriminalization/ You know when you see this guy speak up it goes on both sides of the fence. Both parties are going to scramble on this issue in the future. We're getting to the point where its politically damaging to be against legalization. If you think about it, the right should be all over this-State rights, smaller govt. Ect....not just the liberals anymore. We are sprinting to the tipping point