• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

Cannonball

skiNEwhere

Cigarettes are legal, but having smelly rooms is bad for hotel business. True for anything that makes a smelly room: pets, cigs, etc. This has literally nothing to do with the discussion about pot legalization.

Thank you for your insightful response. A lot of the stuff in this thread doesn't directly deal with legalization in and of itself, but as a general forum for discussion about weed and matters dealing with weed. Grab a snickers, you're irritable when you're snow deprived.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Most hotels charge a $250 cleaning fee for smoking in the room. That's usually a good enough deterrent to prevent people from smoking. That said, when a hotel charges that fee, they only get paid for it about 10% of the time. Most people will dispute the charge and hotels don't fight them too hard. At least that was the case across the Marriott brand when I worked for them. I bet that doesn't change too much with this new stealth detecting device.

ScottySkis

Congress actually letting Medical Cannabis money was not taken out of bills past this week unlike the past. Finally BS political party might actually making smart decisions on this anyway.

Funky_Catskills

Have a friend JUST diagnosed with cancer...
People I know are all sending her stuff... I'm like - YO!!!! SLOW DOWN!!!

Noithing like a ton of packages showing up all filled with pot candy and tincture...

ScottySkis

Sorry Funnky Catskills cancer is horrible. She probably eat it raw I hear that help s fight the disease. All blessings to your friend.

Funky_Catskills

Sorry Funnky Catskills cancer is horrible. She probably eat it raw I hear that help s fight the disease. All blessings to your friend.

I think the candies and tincture will help a lot..
i doubt she'll shove buds into her pie hole... hahah..

It's all about whole plant medicine.. In most forms..

ScottySkis

Brownies awesome no smoke . no bothering with lighter and wind on chair s lift thank s for that potent. Happy lung s happy good fun day at hunter with all .

nick danger

Brownies awesome no smoke . no bothering with lighter and wind on chair s lift thank s for that potent. Happy lung s happy good fun day at hunter with all .

As mentioned by someone else in this thread, problem with edibles is difficulty in gauging dosage. But agreed, much easier to administer.

As a stoner since the 60's, my list of best things enhanced by weed: 1) sex ; 2) music, 3)skiing. If you haven't had any experience of these, do if not immediately, as bucket list items. Trust me on how good the weed enhancement is. Plus, you can do weed with 1) & 2); and 2) & 3) simultaneously for even more enjoyment. I'm sure at least one weirdo here will think of trying 1) & 3) simultaneously. I'd pay to see that.

As far as legalization:

More liberty,
Less crime,
Less black market,
Less non violent prisoners,
More small business,
More tax revenue.

What's not to like?