• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Condition Reports

Mikec13

Thank you for putting this site together...I like the detailed ski reports that people put together however the frequency is a bit lacking...Is it possible to have a running "Blog" (I am not really sure that is the right term) for each mountain? After an outing someone could post a quick update re conditions good runs etc without worrying about listing all of the details and taking pics...since the emphasis would be short and sweet I think the writer participation would improve and it would be a much better resource than the mountains reports...we would be able to get balanced and quick condition reports...Just a thought...Thanks for your efforts

Greg

Staff member
Hi Mikec13! Welcome to the boards. "Short & Sweet" type reports are welcome in the Skiing TR forum. Some people use the suggested format; some don't. A separate forum for each mountain may clutter things up a bit. Thanks for the feedback!

Mikec13

Wasn't really thinking about a seperate forum for each mtn...More like a seperate thread ( again I am not sure I am using the right lingo) for people to post a running commentary/quick updates...Just a thought

Joshua B

Good idea. But if each area had, say, a sticky post in the Trip Reports forum, you would really have to dig deep for the normal trip reports. Something to think about.

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Good idea. But if each area had, say, a sticky post in the Trip Reports forum, you would really have to dig deep for the normal trip reports. Something to think about.
Yup. There are almost 100 resorts in New England/New York alone. I wonder if something like VFTT's trail conditions would be useful here, but for ski conditions? It's not forum based, but many of the reports are the "short & sweet" variety.