• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Millers Pond 4-24-2012

powhunter

Hit up Millers today for a sweet 6 1/2 mile loop. Hit some cool stuff that I missed last year. Sacked up and rolled this:

picture.php

Millers is the land of the skinnies..I hit a bunch of them and crashed on quite a few..Just love the way the place is layed out too lots of ups and downs with no real huge climbs. Took a huge digger on one of the skinny bridges..Couldnt unclip fast enough and landed in the brook with the bike on top of me..No injuries just mud in my helmet vents. Took a little POV

Steveo

MR. evil

The POV looks like you hit the practice & XC loop. Did you take the trail on the right edge of the parking lot?

But that picture you posted looks like the roller at the beginning of the red trail which is on the left side when heading from the lot to the pond. If that roller is the one I am thinking of the money like is on the far right side just out of frame and it lines you up nice for the drop about 20 feet down trail. I know a bunch of the goods there, any time you want to ride there let me know. Pretty sure I can get Austin to come out, he loved Millers the one time he rode it

powhunter

Yep hit the red trail first which was pretty FN technical hit a few of the smaller drops but skipped the bigger ones..Trail tacky but puddles lower, so I went across the lot and hit those other trails, which werent as gnarly except for the skinnies.. Yea let me know when ya want to come down...Place is like a half hour from my work

MR. evil

Millers doesn't drain well, best to give a couple of days to let it dry after a good rain or face the wrath of the BikeRagers.

Trev is supposed to be in the area in a couple of weekend and we are planning on Miller's then. I will let you know. Maybe Mondeo wil join us so he can break another fork :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
yeah definitely not wet. This makes me want to go mt biking again. Jeff, you have extra bikes laying around? :lol:

prophet0426

Where is Millers? Looks like some good riding. I'd join a ride there if you guys go.

Rode NAM last night and it was wet. It's good though since a week ago riding there was like dusty mid summer conditions.

awf170

The POV looks like you hit the practice & XC loop. Did you take the trail on the right edge of the parking lot?

But that picture you posted looks like the roller at the beginning of the red trail which is on the left side when heading from the lot to the pond. If that roller is the one I am thinking of the money like is on the far right side just out of frame and it lines you up nice for the drop about 20 feet down trail. I know a bunch of the goods there, any time you want to ride there let me know. Pretty sure I can get Austin to come out, he loved Millers the one time he rode it

Yep... absolutely loved the place from my one trip down there. I would definitely make a trip down if there was some sort of group ride.

Just looked at a map and some pics. Looks like there is all sorts of new stuff/stuff I missed last time. Wicked pumped to check it out. I'm soooo down for this ride!

MR. evil

Yep... absolutely loved the place from my one trip down there. I would definitely make a trip down if there was some sort of group ride.

Just looked at a map and some pics. Looks like there is all sorts of new stuff/stuff I missed last time. Wicked pumped to check it out. I'm soooo down for this ride!

There is alot of stuff we didn;t hit last time. We rode the inner looop, thre is also the outler loop, the XC loop and the practice loop. The practice loop is a couple of miles with out 100 skinnies and log rides :).