• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ 2013 Utah Summit?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Going to do a little tour this weekend. I'll be sure to do some skier compaction to prep the slopes for you gumbies. There have been a few nice pow days so far. You guys should practice your pow skiing before coming out. Don't wanna look like a bunch of gumbies.

:roll: Have fun with that. I will be out there as well.....

ScottySkis

Going to do a little tour this weekend. I'll be sure to do some skier compaction to prep the slopes for you gumbies. There have been a few nice pow days so far. You guys should practice your pow skiing before coming out. Don't wanna look like a bunch of gumbies.
If your really in Utah I am not moving their then.

Blizzard of Wahhs

If your really in Utah I am not moving their then.

stalker+1.gif

wa-loaf

Well I'll be skiing in the SLC area Mar 19-23 if anyone else is going to be there. Drop me a PM when it's close and we can see about getting some turns in.

Blizzard of Wahhs

why is that the first question people ask people from Utah?

Since you're apparently unfamiliar with my creed and belief system it revolves around paying homage to the mountains, the snow that falls on them and appreciation of all they offer.

Sadly there is not enough time on Sunday to attend services at CoJCoLDS, although on an average week my dog drops a deuce on church grounds at least twice.

4aprice

Glad to see the news out of Utah this week. Hope your ripping it up TB. After a weekend of WROD down here at CBK (hey at least it skiing) I'm sure looking forward to my trip in March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

thetrailboss

Staff member
Glad to see the news out of Utah this week. Hope your ripping it up TB. After a weekend of WROD down here at CBK (hey at least it skiing) I'm sure looking forward to my trip in March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

It was amazing yesterday, except for the zero visibility. When you come up let me know.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Two words for days like that, "Brighton woods". Try it sometime don't think you'll be sorry. Will pm when the time comes up. Enjoy the snow and leave some for me:razz:.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Pretty much the bottom half of Mineral Basin, and from about the top of Gad 2 down, were both fine. Things are filling in really nicely. This is better than the skiing was last February.

skiNEwhere

This thread has been up for almost 8 months and I haven't seen a definitive date yet! If we wait any longer I don't see this thing happening, I say we just set a day based on when the MAJORITY of people are available, and let everyone fix their schedule around that.

TTB, I'm within driving distance, almost.... (about 8 hours) Let me know if you want to catch up some time so you can show me your hidden stashes!

wa-loaf

This thread has been up for almost 8 months and I haven't seen a definitive date yet! If we wait any longer I don't see this thing happening, I say we just set a day based on when the MAJORITY of people are available, and let everyone fix their schedule around that.

TTB, I'm within driving distance, almost.... (about 8 hours) Let me know if you want to catch up some time so you can show me your hidden stashes!

It's not happening. A few of us have posted the dates we'll be in the area if you will be there the same time we can hook up for a couple days skiing. But there's nothing organized.

twinplanx

why is that the first question people ask people from Utah?

Since you're apparently unfamiliar with my creed and belief system it revolves around paying homage to the mountains, the snow that falls on them and appreciation of all they offer.

Sadly there is not enough time on Sunday to attend services at CoJCoLDS, although on an average week my dog drops a deuce on church grounds at least twice.

...and the 2nd question anyone asks is: How's the beer out there in Utah?

Wally Brown

If it doesn't happen this year maybe next? (I've been there 7 times) Fly into Salt Lake City and look in any direction. You will see mountains... lots of mountains. 45 minutes to an hour and you can be making some sick runs. A bad year in Utah beats anything I've skied in the northeast. Don't get me wrong, I love New England; but if you get a chance to ski in Utah, take it. If you have a local to guide you, even better.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Pretty much as I said earlier in the thread--we approached Snowbird in August and again in November. The sales/marketing guy in November got the specs and has not gotten back to us. We're looking at another option, but right now the only thing I can say is we do informal meet ups at this point.