• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/15/2006

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bumpit.gif

Don't forget, if you plan on going and need tickets, please post in this thread: http://forums.alpinezone.com/11774-roll-call-hunter-group-rate-12-15-06-a.html. A group rate will give us tix for $30.

Greg

Staff member
Forecast this week isn't great, but not terrible either:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/Ma...lat=41.912917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=136&map.y=151

Hopefully those NCP/Snow chances will remain more snow than that other stuff. In either case, it doesn't look like it will get that warm so hopefully they can hold on to the open terrain on Minya, East side and Ike. I don't have any concerns about the HBK mainline as they had a ton of snow on that as of Friday. It would be nice to have a couple of T2B advanced options though.

Greg

Staff member
In an Email from Jessica:
Jessica said:
We've got 20 trails open at this point, we may be able to blow snow tomorrow
night, but it's not looking good. Later in the week, depending on the
forecast, we may be able to. We had to cancel most of our races, but most
of the terrain should stay open, and we'll do what we can. We have a high
base and there are very, very few brown spots or ice patches. It's hard
packed underneath but the top is still fluffy and nice.
Looks like they should hold on to the open terrain for Friday.

JimG.

Staff member
In an Email from Jessica:

Looks like they should hold on to the open terrain for Friday.

They will...TONS of snow on all open trails as of late yesterday afternoon. I was skiing when the lifts shut down. I didn't find any dirt or rock patches.

Greg

Staff member
They will...TONS of snow on all open trails as of late yesterday afternoon. I was skiing when the lifts shut down. I didn't find any dirt or rock patches.
Cool! See ya Friday!

eastcoastskiier

eastcoastskiier is a go.. i'll be heading up with hawkshot... so we will meet you guys up there in the moringin.. no tickets needed though..

i was at jiminy on sat in the afternoon, so was amazing... har to believe that last week it was just grass again... no brown no rocks.. whats better.. lets keep our fingers crossed for friday

eastcoastskiier

so tonights the big night... we should ahve a total tally later on this evening correct? AZ will be running hunter on friday.. can't wait...

Greg

Staff member
zook + 3
andyzee + wife
bvibert
cbcbd + 2
Grassi21
trtaylor

dmc
Greg
highpeaksdrifter
Son of Drifter
Hawkshot99
eastcoastskier
JimG
Eski
2knees
MarkC

Big group. :-o Again, the group rate folks will meet me at the Group Sales Office at 8:30 am and that should probably get us boarding the quad around 9 am. Of course any of the other pass holders can meet us there then too. Otherwise, we will do a final sync-up at 11 am at the summit map. In all likelyhood, we will probably bump into each other on the mountain as there's not a ton open.

Greg

Staff member
Big group....Greg your going to have your work cut out for you filming everybody.;-)

No kidding. I think Andyzee is going to be sporting the helmet-cam, and anyone else that grabs any video or pics can certainly send them to me to be added to the vid!