• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/15/2006

madskier6

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on 12/15. Sorry for the delay in posting but my business trip to Norway last week threw off my schedule. It looks like you weren't counting on me anyway so my failure to post probably caused no harm.

I'll have to hit Hunter on another day later in the season. Have fun you all! I'm jealous. It looks like it will be a good group.

Grassi21

Can you now get to Hunter from exit 20 or is the road work still not finished?

I used the directions from Hunter's site last Friday. They say to take exit 20. I think the road you are talking about is 23A. If so, it was open. I'm sure Jim G. or DMC can confirm.

Greg

Staff member
Yup. I believe the mountain road opened around Thanksgiving. I took it back to the Thruway last Friday.

Greg

Staff member
Cool! Looks like they held on to Ike, Lower Crosserover, Upper East Side and Minya so we have two advanced top to bottom runs with a few variations + Belt:

http://www.huntermtn.com/skicond.html

:cool: With the inevitable spring conditions, I wonder if any bump lines will be setting up...

2knees

hmmm spring conditions. i'm torn. looks like a gametime decision.

bvibert

Staff member
I was hoping it was going to be cold enough to blow snow tonight to freshen things up, but it doesn't look like it... :(

Should be a fun time tomorrow regardless!

Greg

Staff member
I'm not concered about the surface. I'm more worried about them holding on to Minya/East Side/Crossover/Ike. Gonna be warm and sunny today. HBK and Belt have plenty of snow. Today must be nice up there...

JimG.

Staff member
I used the directions from Hunter's site last Friday. They say to take exit 20. I think the road you are talking about is 23A. If so, it was open. I'm sure Jim G. or DMC can confirm.

23A is fully operational. Use exit 20.

Grassi21

Yep, always liked driving up that road, nice scenery. Thanks for the info guys.

Last Friday was my first trip to Hunter and driving that stretch of road. I was also impressed by the scenery. Its one of those roads that is dangerous to drive on and take in the scenery, especially going the first time. It must be much better as a passenger.

Greg

Staff member
All I know is that agitation is starting to set in! Can't wait for tomorrow. Hero snow, baby!

Grassi21

Yeah, it hit me last night that we will be skiing this Friday! Great way to start the weekend.

Greg

Staff member
I see bumps on Ike!!! :cool: :daffy: :spread:

12-14-06_2.jpg