• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/15/2006

Hawkshot99

I can likely make some of those.

To add to this post, if you take the 28 exit from the thruway, and head up through Fenica(sp), you will head right by the Kingston shop, where you can pic up discount tickets or flex tickets depending on the day.

JimG.

Staff member
To add to this post, if you take the 28 exit from the thruway, and head up through Fenica(sp), you will head right by the Kingston shop, where you can pic up discount tickets or flex tickets depending on the day.

Fenica = Phoenicia.

Greg

Staff member
Will JimG and/or DMC be available for the local's cook's tour?

It looks like it! :spread: So that's me, Jim and Doug on passes and this group:

zook
andyzee + wife
bvibert (maybe)
trtaylor
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
2knees (maybe)

That's 8 now towards the 15 needed for a group rate. Who else is in?!

Hawkshot99

I may be able to come, I just havent looked to see when I will be out of school. I wont count towards your passes though as I have one.

JimG.

Staff member
I recommend against using exit 28 as stated in your previous post. 19 or 21 may work better :) Discount tix would be exit 19 at Potter Bros.

Hawkshot meant the route 28 exit off the Thruway...Exit 19 is the exit for route 28.

JimG.

Staff member
Yup, plus I think that way is faster than exit 21.

Yeah, sending them through Catskill is a good way to get folks you don't like lost.

I was going to get on him for skipping exit 20 which is the fastest way, but I keep forgetting that 23A is still closed from Palenville to Haines Falls because of that retaining wall collapse.

The NYSDOT promises that 23A will be open before Thanksgiving. I'm still stunned it really didn't matter that it didn't open before. Hunter was helped out by the warm weather in a strange way.

Greg

Staff member
Just got off the phone with the mountain...no guns running yet...too warm

captain.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist! :p ;)

Greg

Staff member
Depends which direction you're coming from.

Now I'm curious. If I'm coming Southbound on the Thruway (thinking about taking the Mass Pike over), what way do I want to go?

Greg

Staff member
Greg - count me + 2 . We'll need only 5 more ;)

Cool!

zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (maybe)
trtaylor
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
2knees (maybe)

Indeed. 5 more.

zook

:snow:

Zook, bring your hubby. We'll strap some boards to his feet and push him down hill :spread:

Well, Friday is not an option for him because of work :sad: - maybe some other time. He will be skiing this season and hopefully he'll like it as much as I do :spread:

Grassi21

My wife is still a maybe. I'm hoping she can't make it... most of you guys know why.