• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/15/2006

Greg

Staff member
But we do sell Discounted tickets for then. A midweek ticket at Hunter sells for $50. The Potter Brothers Stores sell dicounted tickets for $39. If you have a "Prefered Customer Card" http://www.potterbrothers.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/59 you can take 10% off of that price. You can stop at the Kingston store on the way up. It is exit 19 off the Thruway, and should be changing their hours so they open at 8am by then.

Thanks, but we're trying to qualify for the group rate (15 or more) for that day. 12/15 is still considered early season so a lift ticket at the group rate is only $30. Here's the current tally:
Need Tix:
zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (changed from maybe to almost postive, dude, commit)
trtaylor
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
2knees (maybe)

That's ten if the maybes are in. If YardSaleDad, ALLSKIING, Hawkshot99, eastcoastskier all join this approach that gets us within one of qualifying for the group rate. I'm trying to see if we can get a group rate if less than 15.

And Pat - based on the forecast and knowing Hunter's snowmaking firepower, I think there will be abundant terrain, possibly even Claire's which might look like this:

Dsc05631.jpg

Dsc05636.jpg

Does that inspire you some?:grin:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, youre nothing but a dreamer
I said far out, - what a day, a year, a laugh it is!
You know, - well you know you had it comin to you,
Now theres not a lot I can do

Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer;
So now you put your head in your hands, oh no!
I said far out, - what a day, a year, a laugh it is!
You know, - well you know you had it comin to you,
Now theres not a lot I can do.

Well work it out someday

If I could see something
You can see anything you want boy
If I could be someone-
You can be anyone, celebrate boy.
If I could do something-
Well you can do something,
If I could do anything-
Well can you do something out of this world?

Take a dream on a sunday
Take a life, take a holiday
Take a lie, take a dreamer
Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream along...

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
I said dreamer, youre nothing but a dreamer
Oh no!

Hope you're right ;-) :lol:

Hawkshot99

Thanks, but we're trying to qualify for the group rate (15 or more) for that day. 12/15 is still considered early season so a lift ticket at the group rate is only $30. Here's the current tally:

That's ten if the maybes are in. If YardSaleDad, ALLSKIING, Hawkshot99, eastcoastskier all join this approach that gets us within one of qualifying for the group rate. I'm trying to see if we can get a group rate if less than 15.

I must have missed that. Well that is a better deal then. On the tally however Hawkshot99 and eastcoast skier will not be in that count for tickets, as we have passes.

cbcbd

Lol, Supertramp...

Hmmm... I have to check with work but I might actually join on this one, especially getting a group rate...

I'll be back ;)

Grassi21

To answer your question on tickets.

Dec. 19 is not a Flex ticket day. http://www.potterbrothers.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/184

But we do sell Discounted tickets for then. A midweek ticket at Hunter sells for $50. The Potter Brothers Stores sell dicounted tickets for $39. If you have a "Prefered Customer Card" http://www.potterbrothers.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/59 you can take 10% off of that price. You can stop at the Kingston store on the way up. It is exit 19 off the Thruway, and should be changing their hours so they open at 8am by then.

Thanks for the info. If all goes well with the weather and all what time do the lifts start turning at Hunter? Will I have time to stop at the store and pick up a ticket or should I order one online?

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for the info. If all goes well with the weather and all what time do the lifts start turning at Hunter? Will I have time to stop at the store and pick up a ticket or should I order one online?

We're hoping to get enough people for the group rate, which would be an even better deal:
Thanks, but we're trying to qualify for the group rate (15 or more) for that day. 12/15 is still considered early season so a lift ticket at the group rate is only $30.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'm waiting to the last minute to see if we get enough people, if not, I will stop at the store and get the ticket. The only problem is that some, hint hint, will have to commit.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm waiting to the last minute to see if we get enough people, if not, I will stop at the store and get the ticket. The only problem is that some, hint hint, will have to commit.

I'll be sure to commit by 5 am on the 15th. ;)

Greg

Staff member

Also, we'll need to propose a meeting place/time to sort out the purchase of the tickets. We also need to know within 48 hours who is in and who isn't. More info:

http://www.huntermtn.com/groups.html said:
RESERVATIONS
In order to speed your ticket transaction, a reservation must be made at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. To make a reservation, call the Group Sales Office at 800-HunterMtn between the hours of 8am and 4pm.

PAYMENT POLICIES
One person must collect funds in advance and handle the ticket purchase for the group in one transaction between the hours of 8:00am and 11:00am.

All payments must be made with U.S. funds in the form of cash, corporate or business check, VISA, MasterCard or American Express. All other methods of payment must be arranged prior to arrival.

TICKET PICKUP
Tickets are purchased in the Group Sales Office at the east end of the Main Lodge, lower level, next to the repair shop.
Therefore, I propose the following for those looking to get in on the group rate:
  • You will need to confirm that you will attend and confirm the number of people in your party needing lift tickets at this group rate by the end of the day on Monday, 12/11. I will then set it up with the mountain that Tuesday.
  • Meet at 8:30 am on Friday, 12/15 at the Group Sales Office at the east end of the Main Lodge, lower level, next to the repair shop.
  • Bring $30 cash for each person needing a lift ticket.
  • I will purchase the lift tickets.
  • This will give us 30 minutes to sort all this out, boot up and still make an early lift.
  • We can set up a secondary meeting time (perhaps 10:00 am) at the large trail map sign at the summit to meet up with those on passes or who have made other lift ticket arrangements. Of course, others in the AZ group that aren't doing the group rate thing can also meet up with us all at the Group Sales Office at 8:30 am.
Does this approach work for everybody?

2knees

Also, we'll need to propose a meeting place/time to sort out the purchase of the tickets. We also need to know within 48 hours who is in and who isn't. More info:

Therefore, I propose the following for those looking to get in on the group rate:
  • You will need to confirm that you will attend and confirm the number of people in your party needing lift tickets at this group rate by the end of the day on Monday, 12/11. I will then set it up with the mountain.
  • Meet at 8:30 am on Friday, 12/15 at the Group Sales Office at the east end of the Main Lodge, lower level, next to the repair shop.
  • Bring $30 cash for each person needing a lift ticket.
  • I will purchase the lift tickets.
  • This will give us 30 minutes to sort all this out, boot up and still make an early lift.
  • We can set up a secondary meeting time (perhaps 10:00 am) at the large trail map sign at the summit to meet up with those on passes or who have made other lift ticket arrangements. Of course, others in the AZ group that aren't doing the group rate thing can also meet up with us all at the Group Sales Office at 8:30 am.
Does this approach work for everybody?

Its good, the only thing is you might as well take me out of the group rate count. There is no way i'm gonna get there by 8:30. Realistically, 10:30 is more like it. Sorry to be a pita, but 8:30 means about a 5:00 wake up time and, well, i just dont do that anymore.

Greg

Staff member
Its good, the only thing is you might as well take me out of the group rate count. There is no way i'm gonna get there by 8:30. Realistically, 10:30 is more like it. Sorry to be a pita, but 8:30 means about a 5:00 wake up time and, well, i just dont do that anymore.

crybaby.png

2knees

lol. thats what i'll be if wake up at 5:00.

but count me in anyway, i'll just catch up with you early birds at some point.

Greg

Staff member
lol. thats what i'll be if wake up at 5:00.

but count me in anyway, i'll just catch up with you early birds at some point.

Hit the Potter Brothers option for $39...