• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter - Friday, 12/15/2006

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Well, the forecast looks great through the weekend and into next week with favorable snowmaking temps at least at night. I guess it depends on what happens next week, but what do you guys think the chances of Claire's being open are?

Hope it's opened, I've only been to Hunter once, but I do remember enjoying that trail.

Eski

just found myself stumbling into this thread ... have a pass and should be there sans papers

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
just found myself stumbling into this thread ... have a pass and should be there sans papers

Good man, bring the one hit wonder!

Talley thus far 22:

Need Tix:
zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (95.65123%)
trtaylor+brother
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
2knees (maybe)
cbcbd+1
YardSaleDad (maybe, sorry I missed you :( )

Going but don't need tix:
dmc
Greg
highpeaksdrifter (not sure if he needs tix?)
YardSaleDad (will try, need tix?)
ALLSKIING (maybe, need tix?)
Hawkshot99
eastcoastskier(maybe)
JimG
Eski

Last edited:

2knees

Good man, bring the one hit wonder!

Talley thus far 22:

Need Tix:
zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (95.65123%)
trtaylor+brother
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
2knees (maybe)
cbcbd+1
YardSaleDad (maybe, sorry I missed you :( )

dmc
Greg
Hawkshot99
eastcoastskier(maybe)
JimG
Eski

az, you never struck me as the type.

i'm a definite. i just wont be there at 8:30. i dont have a radio either so how about an 11:00 meetup at the summit trail map? does that work for people?

cbcbd

Ok, one more to my posse ;)

Need Tix:
zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (95.65123%)
trtaylor+brother
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
2knees (maybe)
cbcbd+2
YardSaleDad (maybe, sorry I missed you )

dmc
Greg
Hawkshot99
eastcoastskier(maybe)
JimG
Eski

Greg

Staff member
Dave is out, I believe. Current list:

Interested in Group Rate:
zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (95.65123%)
trtaylor + brother
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
cbcbd+2
YardSaleDad (maybe)

Going but have pass or will make other lift ticket arrangements:
dmc
Greg
highpeaksdrifter
Hawkshot99
eastcoastskier (maybe)
JimG
Eski
2knees

I count 22. That's one helluva group! :-o I think we're probably going to want to break off into smaller groups based on ability. I'm a lower advanced skier and will ski anything that will be open including the West side.

Pat - a final sync up at the summit map at 11:00 am sounds good.

cbcbd

I count 22. That's one helluva group! :-o I think we're probably going to want to break off into smaller groups based on ability. I'm a lower advanced skier and will ski anything that will be open including the West side.

Ok, put me in the once-in-a-while-I-hit-a-tree group

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Greg, have you considered an altenate plan to everyone just meeting at Hunter to buy the tickets. The problem with that is that everyone will be coming from different directions and distances and there is a chance that everyone will not make it in time. That would leave the rest of us standing around waiting or the later arrival not getting a group rate. Maybe Jessica could help out here. I for one would have no problem sending you the money ahead of time to play it safe.

Greg

Staff member
Greg, have you considered an altenate plan to everyone just meeting at Hunter to buy the tickets. The problem with that is that everyone will be coming from different directions and distances and there is a chance that everyone will not make it in time. That would leave the rest of us standing around waiting or the later arrival not getting a group rate. Maybe Jessica could help out here. I for one would have no problem sending you the money ahead of time to play it safe.

Someone else contacted me about this. My only concern with accepting payment in advance is then I might have to wait around for someone to hand over their lift ticket. I'm also not comfortable handling funds until I know the person is there. I have a season pass and don't even need a lift ticket so I'm just sorta doing this as a favor to everyone. The group rate deal clearly states we need to make one transaction. I guess my only suggestion is that everyone who wants to be in on the group rate, please try to be on time. I'm normally 2:10 from Hunter but I'm going to leave at 5:30 to be sure I'm there on time. I have potentially fifteen+ people counting on me to be on time so I'm just asking others to try to do the same.

Of course, things happen and someone may be late because of something beyond their control. I guess we'll need to exchange cell numbers (or I can give mine out to folks doing the group thing). At some point, I need to set a deadline. If say you're not there by 8:45 and/or you don't call, you're out of luck as far as the group rate. Don't mean to come off like a jerk, but with this many people (many of which I don't know from Adam), we have to stick to some sort of schedule to pull this off and I can't be making 10 or 15 different arrangements for people. Again, I have a pass, so if someone else wants to take over managing this transaction, feel free to volunteer.

bvibert

Staff member
Dave is out, I believe. Current list:

Interested in Group Rate:
zook + parents
andyzee + wife
bvibert (95.65123%)
trtaylor + brother
Grassi21
madskier (maybe)
cbcbd+2
YardSaleDad (maybe)

Going but have pass or will make other lift ticket arrangements:
dmc
Greg
highpeaksdrifter
Hawkshot99
eastcoastskier (maybe)
JimG
Eski
2knees

Put me down for 98.65930% now...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com