Any golfers in da house ? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm struggling so far this year. I'm fighting taking it inside too early in the baackswing which is killing me off the tee with some nasty hooks and hurting my wedge game too but seems to be fine with full iron shots. I finished last year at a 14 and haven't sniffed 90 yet this season so my handicap is definitely on the rise. Its already up to a 15.4 and I have some low rounds about to get knocked off so next revision wil likely be higher still.

Try taking it STRAIGHT back and Up more SLOOWLY ,----------------------then acellerate on the downswing
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

^ While I know that is easy to comprehend and easy to see in my mind's eye, it ain't so easy to do I will be working on it and we'll see what happens. Hopefully by the beginnnig of June I will get back into the 80s. then we'll see about going lower. its been about 5 years since I last broke 80 but I don't play as much now as I did then.

Just back from playing a quick 9 in this African style heat and humidity . has a great round in spite of a 106 heat index . had 6 pars and a birdie for a 38. Or 2 over par .Played Tuesday in similar heat shot a 42 but missed my second ace ever by the width of 2 balls on a 135 yd heavily bunkered raised green. getting ready to play in a tournament Monday downstate hope the weather breaks soon
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    Just back from playing a quick 9 in this African style heat and humidity . has a great round in spite of a 106 heat index . had 6 pars and a birdie for a 38. Or 2 over par .Played Tuesday in similar heat shot a 42 but missed my second ace ever by the width of 2 balls on a 135 yd heavily bunkered raised green. getting ready to play in a tournament Monday downstate hope the weather breaks soon
    Sounds like some SOLID ball striking there Warp! Pretty sure that on Saturday i'm going to head over and watch the Traveler's Championship and once again see 1st hand how the "Big Boys" who we see teeing it up on TV every week play the game in a fashion that us mortals can only fantasize about!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Wow that sounds great Doc .Im always amazed at just hoe smoooooth the pros swing and with apparent ease yet the distance is phenomenal . I hit it ok for a 69 yr old - its straight and about 220 to 240 but me be I need one of those R 11's @ 46 inches with a 12 degree loft and sr shaft to begin to approach 250 plus again ????? Not sure but I' m sure lusting after more distance off the tee . guess I got to get to a good club fitter with a practice range. Like the one near Albany just off the Northway .

have fun Doc. And BTW how's your game this season ? You always inspire me with the high quality of your game !!!

Keep it on the short grass

W

Dayum '!!!!' that,s some driving --------- Pun Intended

It's funny how golf is such a huge part of my life and I don't have even the slightest desire to play!You guys go on and get your fun in because you know I'm sitting here counting the days to when the season winds down and my time begins again!

I hate golf. That being said, I am addicted to it and play twice a weekend for the weekends I am home. I tell a lot of randos I get paired with that "golf is just something frustrating I do between ski seasons." I hate using a cart, and can count on one hand the number of good rounds I've had while using one. I play on county courses, so my handicap is probably a little deflated by their generally easier lay outs, though we play 1 called Warrenbrook a good amount that is tight as all hell and I score well there.

In any event, I've played the best golf of my life this year and have the index down to a 7.4. Had my lowest round of my life with a 75 a few weeks ago, including playing the first 12 holes in even par. Then the last 2 rounds have reminded me why I hate golf. Played Sunday with a wicked, post-bachelor party hangover, and never hit a bad shot and somehow still shot 86. Then yesterday for work I played 18 in a sauna, using a cart, from a set of tees that to me felt like ladies tees, and shot 90. Ugh. Worst. Sport. Ever.

Playing again Saturday of course.
    2014-15
    Mount Snow: 12/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/20, 12/21, 1/10, 1/11, 1/24, 1/25, 1/31, 2/1, 2/7, 2/8, 2/21, 2/22, 2/28, 3/1, 3/7, 3/8, 3/15, 3/21, 3/22, 3/28, 3/29.

Total Days: 24 total (no April days, no vacation...baby #1 on the way in April!)

"Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

Thread Information