Any golfers in da house ? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Last round was day after thanksgiving

Ok so i.m still skiing ,BUT i got the clubs out and started swinging the silly stick and messin around with the little stick in anticipation of season opening . With 3 ft of snow still in our yard it will be awhile yet , but looking forward to getting back out there .

Anybody else jonesing ?
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    Ok so i.m still skiing ,BUT i got the clubs out and started swinging the silly stick and messin around with the little stick in anticipation of season opening . With 3 ft of snow still in our yard it will be awhile yet , but looking forward to getting back out there .

Anybody else jonesing ?
    No real jonesing yet - although I did pick up a new big stick a few weeks ago (Taylor's SLDR) that did get the golf juices flowing a bit! My course here in CT *should* open up by this coming weekend. I will admit though that I really don't start thinking golf too much until Master's weekend when there's no way that any golfer can't get the urge to swing the club after seeing the grandeur of Augusta National on TV!

Since I just was asked to play in 2 3 day member guests on successive weekends in early June, I better start swinging the club a bit soon, or else I'll loose my invite to these 3 day'ers, and from past experiences in them, I want to keep being asked back!!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

I only play once or twice a year when we visit my family in Myrtle Beach during the summer. At that rate, it's no wonder that I suck! . I usually have a handful of good shots each round, so that keeps me coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

No, I hate golf. I play to a 7-9 index but it is such a frustrating sport. The line I often use is "Golf is just something frustrating I do between ski seasons."
    2014-15
    Mount Snow: 12/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/20, 12/21, 1/10, 1/11, 1/24, 1/25, 1/31, 2/1, 2/7, 2/8, 2/21, 2/22, 2/28, 3/1, 3/7, 3/8, 3/15, 3/21, 3/22, 3/28, 3/29.

Total Days: 24 total (no April days, no vacation...baby #1 on the way in April!)

"Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

I play, but I am a hack! I go for fun and it is basically a reason to hit the clubhouse for drinks afterwards! We are planning on going to a driving range this Sunday. Son has Lacrosse so since I cannot ski hitting a few balls works! I generally golf like 6-7 times each summer but this year we hope to get out more. However, once it warms up I would rather continue to work on surfing!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I've recently felt an itch to swing a club again. I"m horrible, but it's enjoyable. I just need a day of something slower paced. life with 2 kids under 2 has been ... insane, to say the least
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

My wife and I just picked up new clubs - nothing spectacular just an upgrade from where I was at before. Technically a hack golfer but it is still fun to get out. This summer my wife and I plan on improving our game - so we shall see. We also picked up 11 2 fers for some of our local courses. Trying to attempt the same deal approach to golf as I do towards skiing!

Our wetsuits, surf boards and half boards are ready to go too! Now looking into kayaks! The problem with summer - it seems short and I have activity ADHD! At least winter has a single focus!

Golf will be at the top of our list!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    So I played the Loaf last Saturday. Really cool golfing experience. The place certainly earns all the accolades it gets as the layout is really unique. They have a big drainage/irrigation project ongoing right now so there was some pipe laying across the course on some holes. Once work is complete though which should be in the next couple weeks it should be really awesome.
    I played pretty well---very well by my standards actually. Only used driver on 1 hole and was comfortable hitting my 5 wood and 4 hybrid on most tees. I only lost a few balls all day and played in control trying to just execute my swing.
    We played frmo the whites as there was no reason to make it any tougher than it already was. The course demands a premium on accuracy off the tee. Greens were very fast and had lots of break to them as mentioned.
    Some had just been aerated so that made it tricky. The views from some of the holes were truly amazing. We hit from the tips on #10 and 11 for the downhill shots. Really cool experince taking a 6 iron on #11 (216 yards with 120 yards of elevation change tee to green) and launching a high fade giving myself a 15' birdie putt.

Leaves are starting to change a bit up there which is great. Pace of play was nice as well----we were expecting to get paired up for a 4 some and have a 5+ hour round but they let 2 somes out all the time up there even weekend mornings. We finished up in 4 hrs even. Having a cart helps...walking that course would be tough.

Definately something I will never forget...would love to get up there again...a foliage round in late Sept/early October I think would be the best time to play up there.
    Bump----so I'm heading back up to our friends lake house in ME over Memorial Day wknd. Sugarloaf opens course that Friday and we'll play 18 on Sunday. Bought the Fore Pack which is 4 rounds (fully transferable to use yourself or among friends) for $50 each round includes cart.
    I've played the course 3 times now (2 18's and 1 9) and its an incredible experience every time. Last yr over Memorial Day wknd we played a very wet 9 on their opening wknd in heavy rain while it was snowing from Superquad on up. Cool contrast to see white at above you while you are golfing in the rain down below.

I highly recommend it for anyone that finds themselves up in that area and enjoys golf----not even about the score when you are there just the sheer beauty and quality of course/layout is awesome.
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

With the late start to the season Been struggling so far this season had an 84 and 3 successive 88's . But today cranked out a 78 with 12 pars and only 31 putts so felt like the groove is coming back
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Thread Information