• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

what shows are you seeing?

Mpdsnowman

In Oswego we have this thing called Harborfest. Its a five day affair. Me and my sons do stagehand work there. Kenny Logins is Next Friday. After that the state fair starts I do stagehand work there too....Lotta good stuff coming there, godsmack, theory of a deadman, J geils band, three dog night, keith urban and some others...

dmc

Looking a bit dicey for me...
CAr is in the shop... Ride cancelled...

Dont count me out yet...

dmc

Rented a car to get me to the Vibes Friday...
I'll check in with the usual suspects...

Then I got a gig in Woodstock NY Saturday night...

Mpdsnowman

Quite the variety there :blink:

It is.. the state fair (NY) is 12 days and they cover the whole range of music. One thing I will say is country music has a huge following up here. Keith Urban will perform. He might come close to selling out the grandstand (13k). But theres others too. Some I never heard of. The wanted?? lol and they dont stop at music, they are bringing back larry the cable guy (hey its a show lol) He was here a few years ago, great comedian and down to earth, went thru the infield after the show...

then they got other free ones, eddie money, commodores, charlie daniels (for about the millionth time lol) and they are booking more...

I dont know if anyone here ever goes but heres the link to the fairs website. Chevy court are the free concerts, grandstand are the ones you would buy a ticket...

http://www.nysfair.org/concerts/

Skimaine

If there is one country artist worth seeing, even if country is not your cup of tea, it is Keith Urban. Keith can really play the axe.

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
got pix from my last shows here...BOC/Cooper-Maiden/Vibes from saturday....lost it giggling when Zappa had David Lee SLOTH as a guest. Dweezil can do Eddie Van Halen to perfection...holy cow what a show that was. Primus had a great set as well. Today I needed a quiet bike ride to detoxify from the second hand smoke, the volume (love the volume), and the crowd that got feisty when Primus hit the stage.
http://community.webshots.com/user/mattm59

dmc

yeah... I think my buzz from the Phil and Friends show carried on into the next day..
Got home on Saturday and still felt like dancing my ass off... Feeling carried into the night when I played drums at a party...

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
yeah...
Got home on Saturday and still felt like dancing my ass off... Feeling carried into the night when I played drums at a party...

I noticed my calves were real sore after severe repetitious vertical gesticulations at Iron Maiden, Primus, and especially a severe case of the bouncy wouncys when Zappa went into Camarillo Brillo. This may be good training for the climbing I have planned.....I remember losing 10 pounds at the GD shows back in the '70's-early 80's, but these days I actually remember to eat.

Drummer, eh? My kids a drummer, played the school of rock stage last year. Quit the band after 3 years (Remnants) who were on opposite Zappa this year. He got to play with some famous and semi-famous folks, Marty Brennan from Jefferson Airplane, Thomas Hooker Handley, and Dave the guitarist from Shakedown.
Hoping he gets into it again, but with a band that lets him get enthused.

dmc

Yes - Drummer...
Not at the caliber of "School of Rock" and never jammed with those famous guys but I hold my own.. :)

Next shows for me - Medeski Martin and Wood!!! 3 straight nights!

ScottySkis

I noticed my calves were real sore after severe repetitious vertical gesticulations at Iron Maiden, Primus, and especially a severe case of the bouncy wouncys when Zappa went into Camarillo Brillo. This may be good training for the climbing I have planned.....I remember losing 10 pounds at the GD shows back in the '70's-early 80's, but these days I actually remember to eat.

Drummer, eh? My kids a drummer, played the school of rock stage last year. Quit the band after 3 years (Remnants) who were on opposite Zappa this year. He got to play with some famous and semi-famous folks, Marty Brennan from Jefferson Airplane, Thomas Hooker Handley, and Dave the guitarist from Shakedown.
Hoping he gets into it again, but with a band that lets him get enthused.

wow looks like your son has some great taste in music.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
lol were starting to get the equipment now ;lol

so far Ive done two godsmack shows, some desperate rain festival. Me and my sons are stagehands and now the bands are lining up for the Summer time. We know we have lady antebellum and sugarland coming up soon along with a kenny logins date thrown in.

I like country music people, they all get along well.

+2. Any tix for LA or Sugarland? Stupid me just saw this post.

Mpdsnowman

yup there overseas now....Just got back from Harborfest. Awesome time. Great bands. Everything from Jazz and blues to tribute bands and blue sky riders were the headliners.

Theres some really great music going on out there....big or small there all rockin...

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
couple more coming up

recently got Umphreys McGee Tix for the Calvin theatre for 11-1. Got front row, balcony and at last look it seems great seats were still available.
Big news for moi was Primus coming out with 3D visuals and surround "Uber schmancy" sound :lol:. I tried presale for Boston but was turned away, so I got 6th row in Providence 10-21 . Presale sold out in minutes it seemed,Boston/Providence/poughkeepsie, but regular release should be soon. Check Primusville.com for info.

I seem to be in a rut lately...Primus/Umphreys/Janes...but until that wears thin I'll consider myself quite happy :grin:

This year has been Brit Floyd/Umphreys/Janes/Zappa/Primus/Janes/Cooper/Maiden/BOC/Primus/Umphreys with sainthood achieved by standing through Mickey Hart and Strangefolk without yawning too awfully much....:smash:

Sold my boat, kid quit the band,I no longer roadie, and we're seeing SOME SHOWS!

dmc

Umphrey's tonight at Full Moon resort in Big Indian NY...
Same place as the music camp I go to for Medeski Martin and Wood...

Stokey mc-stoke stoke...