• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

what shows are you seeing?

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
Aaron and I have on the agenda

6/26 Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden...this old deadhead and his former dead cover band but metal at heart drummer son are psyched big time. Mansfield Mass.

7/22 Vibes...saturday. Zappa does Zappa and Primus main reason I'm going, but Strangefolk, Yonder Mt. will be good, and I may check out STS9, though I'm glad they're on the green stage. Bridgeport Ct. (Gathering of the vibes)...Crazy ass festival, complete with dirt covered kids dressed in tie dye, who were like 3 when Jerry passed away...

8/11 Janes Addiction in Boston.....my favorite band besides Umphreys McGee (and Primus) lately. Perry is a trip, and they're spot on music wise. Got good seats, this tour has been very good. Theatrical and entertaining, on top of the awesome talent. Perry is 4 months older than me, and joined the cast of former junkies born again health wise, and it shows.

For anybody interested, I see Grace Potter and the nocturnals are playing Toads Place in New Haven. Tix on sale soon, shows 8/9. Not a fan, but have some friends (wimmenfolks) who are rabid fans.

Last edited:

Vortex

DSO Boston June 1st
DSO Hampton Beach June 2nd

Furthur RI July 5th
Furthur Phili July 7th
Furthur mcu brooklyn 13th and 14th
Vibes friday only July 20th Phil and Friends.

hopefully Phil and friends somewhere July 21st.

Mpdsnowman

lol were starting to get the equipment now ;lol

37854_1165046224237_1770336031_320109_7132842_n.jpg

so far Ive done two godsmack shows, some desperate rain festival. Me and my sons are stagehands and now the bands are lining up for the Summer time. We know we have lady antebellum and sugarland coming up soon along with a kenny logins date thrown in.

I like country music people, they all get along well.

ScottySkis

Maybe GOTvibes, seen it several times in recent years always fun, definitely Dave matthews band at festival were real wood stock took place in 1969 such an awesome music venue.

WoodCore

Phish both nights in Worcester, Jazz Fest in Saratoga, NY and Blues Traveler in Bridgeport August 24th.

kickstand

I've got Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw/Grace Potter in Foxboro in late August. That's it so far. I'd like to go to the Outlaw Road Show that Counting Crows is putting on, but both shows are on the south shore. I'm on the north shore. Not battling traffic thru the city, especially on a Thursday or Friday during the summer.

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
Phish is cool

never seen them, maybe one of these days.

BobR, not sure how old you are, but I got a funny story. Couple years back at the Vibes, Rhythm Devils is coming up (Kreutzman/ Hart), and my kid and I are right up front. Got some 16 year olds next to me, one asks "you ever see these guys before?" I say "yeah, like 40 times when they were in the Grateful Dead."....2 rows of people turn and stare at me...so I hit them with the punchline " I saw Jerry when he was skinny" :spin:
Loved that band in the '70's, used to see Max Creek every other thursday at Mad Murphys in Hartford. I remember both bands having a drum ring, severely disappointed in the Rhythm Devils when all the hype about "polyphonic percussion" and the talking drum ended up being Harts kit falling apart, Kreutzman lacksadaisical as hell, and the talking drum was dijembe with a bent stick. My kid drums better than the 3 of them put together. Saw Furthur a couple times, times have changed.
Shakedown plays Toads a lot, they're not a bad GD type band. My kid played with Dave the guitarist one night. He's since quit the band...they're going nowhere, though they'll be at the Vibes again this year, School of Rock stage I think.
http://archive.org/details/TheRemnantsTheLyceum103010

Vibes saturday has Strangefolk, I downloaded some of their stuff from archive.org, and I'm liking it.

Last edited:

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
logistics look bad

http://www.catalpanyc.com/#artistsTarget got some really great musicians playing and it is in NYC , might be worth checking out.

Vacating the island after the show by ferry made this a non-event for me. Loved the fact UM was playing there, looks like I'm missing them this summer. They're in Bridgeport 8/11, but I'll be in Boston at the JA show.
Added BOC 7/7 in Peekskill to my list. Hitting LeMans at Lime Rock same day, and it's going to be a very full one. Second row; turning my kid on to the pioneers of metal this summer it seems.

ScottySkis

Vacating the island after the show by ferry made this a non-event for me. Loved the fact UM was playing there, looks like I'm missing them this summer. They're in Bridgeport 8/11, but I'll be in Boston at the JA show.
Added BOC 7/7 in Peekskill to my list. Hitting LeMans at Lime Rock same day, and it's going to be a very full one. Second row; turning my kid on to the pioneers of metal this summer it seems.
I might do Saturday, their is a shuttle bus also you do not have to take the ferry http://www.catalpanyc.com/#gettingThereTarget

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
I might do Saturday, their is a shuttle bus also you do not have to take the ferry http://www.catalpanyc.com/#gettingThereTarget

Ah Ha...didn't see that before. s'alright, I went to NYC in February for Umphreys, and 50 minutes walking around times square was enough for awhile. Good line-up though. Vibes is real convenient for me, I'm about an hour up rt. 8. The other shows I'm adding something in (flying lesson after Cooper/Maiden, LeMans before BOC, Whale watch/Freedom tour walk after JA) so the drive becomes less of an issue. Cripe, that makes me sound...umm..middle aged or something :roll:

ScottySkis

Ah Ha...didn't see that before. s'alright, I went to NYC in February for Umphreys, and 50 minutes walking around times square was enough for awhile. Good line-up though. Vibes is real convenient for me, I'm about an hour up rt. 8. The other shows I'm adding something in (flying lesson after Cooper/Maiden, LeMans before BOC, Whale watch/Freedom tour walk after JA) so the drive becomes less of an issue. Cripe, that makes me sound...umm..middle aged or something :roll:

I really want to see Umpherys I hear they are the next phish/ GD jam band, ya times square can be annoying , best part of nyc is not their. your not middle aged in mind and that is what is important. Vibes is great but i can not afford many shows so i might skip this year maybe PA one and will see trying to save money.

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
fun band

I really want to see Umpherys I hear they are the next phish/ GD jam band, .
UM is a fun band to see, super talented and more tempo changes than my brain can take sometimes. I've seen them 4 times with my musician son, and we have literally dropped our jaw at every show. They have an "internal communication system", and the drummer calls the shots, so we you see him talking into the little mic, expect something crazy to happen.
Got some of their shows here
http://archive.org/search.php?query=umphreys mcgee AND collection:opensource_audio

some pix
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/580544235jblroI

they have a real good light show.

dmc

UM is the shti... Love that band... They SHRED!

I got moe. in NYC on Wednesday.
Then Phish a Jones Beach and then SPAC... Stoked...
Some random shows at Bearsvile in Woodstock NY - Mickey Hart, Dweezil...

Also doing the camp with Medeski Martin and Wood again... So I'll be getting an MMW show 4 nights in a row in Aug... stoked for that too...

Edd

Going to see Moe at a Redhook festival soon. Also going to see Old Crow Medicine Show with The Lumineers at the State Theater in Portland.