• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VBulletin 4 Upgrade

o3jeff

Have you tried setting it to the mobile theme at the bottom left of the page? It seems like it stays set to the mobile site once you do it. There's also an option to switch back if you want to.

The new mobile site is way better than the old one, I might even like it better than using Tapatalk....

Hopefully that option will stay once he switches it over to detect mobile devices.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I can remove mobile detect device and add a link at the bottom of the mobile theme to revert back to full theme. I did that before but it never worked because the mobile detect device would force it to stay on the mobile theme.

o3jeff

I can remove mobile detect device and add a link at the bottom of the mobile theme to revert back to full theme. I did that before but it never worked because the mobile detect device would force it to stay on the mobile theme.

That would be good, the iPad on the full site in pretty nice!

bvibert

Staff member

The link is already there, and works nicely without the auto-detect.

steamboat1

What don't you like about it, I might be able to make some adjustments. It's still a work in progress. I'm trying to mimic what we had before as much as possible.

Tiny light colored lettering, small headings that don't stand out & 4 crappy concert pictiures above the forums for a start. This on a 19" monitor.

wa-loaf

Can you put the cookie crumb links back at the bottom of each discussion?

bvibert

Staff member
Tiny light colored lettering, small headings that don't stand out & 4 crappy concert pictiures above the forums for a start. This on a 19" monitor.
The default theme definitely sucks. Change it to one of the others (I like winter Retro) and you'll be much happier. There's a theme drop down box at the bottom of every page that lets you select. Once you do it stays that way unless Nick forces a change.

bvibert

Staff member
I just did it a few seconds ago :)

I think I can also tweak it so it is above the quick edit box. Right now it is right above the footer.

Up higher would be better. In the past they were just under the thread. TGR has a nice layout with less wasted space than I currently have here.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
For some reason the link doesn't work for me marcski. Are you clicking the link under forum --> new posts? I see timestamps there.