• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VBulletin 4 Upgrade

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Regarding the style, Retro Winter looks good when reading a post. The "New Post" page style absolutely sucks. Those big honking icons are terrible (what do the different colors represent? it is not intuitive...). And it is simply hard to scan thread topics. Very hard on the eyes and I have very good vision and have never had any eye problems. I've seen this style on other forums. I stopped browsing Epic when they went to VB4. Hopefully the thread browse style can be upgraded to be more easy to read. Like I noted, thread view looks great in Winter Retro.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Regarding the style, Retro Winter looks good when reading a post. The "New Post" page style absolutely sucks. Those big honking icons are terrible (what do the different colors represent? it is not intuitive...). And it is simply hard to scan thread topics. Very hard on the eyes and I have very good vision and have never had any eye problems. I've seen this style on other forums. I stopped browsing Epic when they went to VB4. Hopefully the thread browse style can be upgraded to be more easy to read. Like I noted, thread view looks great in Winter Retro.

I have an entirely new style in the works that I think is much cleaner. The problem with retro is it does its best to mimic what was in vb3 but as you noticed some pages don't work. The new theme should be out in the next week or two but I will leave the Retro themes as options for those who don't want to go back!

Thanks for the detailed analysis River, that's what I was hoping to see! I will see if I can look at the other pages you mentioned

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

o3jeff

I might prefer that actually since the autodetect was causing issues for ipad users (ahem, o3jeff)

Thanks, the full site on the iPad is nice. My only complaint is on the mobile site, is there a "New Post" link? If it's there can someone tell me where it is?

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks, the full site on the iPad is nice. My only complaint is on the mobile site, is there a "New Post" link? If it's there can someone tell me where it is?

Click on the icon with 9 little squares in it, at the top-right of the page:
AZ_button_capture.JPG

You'll get to a screen that looks like this:

AZ Options Capture.JPG

Click on the What's New icon.

bvibert

Staff member
ah, thanks.

i don't like the new mobile version, please reinstate the old one.

Full of complaints today, huh?

I don't think going back to the old one is a possibility, it's a function of the newer forum software version.

For me the new mobile site is the best part of the new software version, the new full site I can take or leave. I've been using it over Tapatalk, which I had been using as a slightly better alternative to the old mobile site.

gmcunni

Full of complaints today, huh?

I don't think going back to the old one is a possibility, it's a function of the newer forum software version.

For me the new mobile site is the best part of the new software version, the new full site I can take or leave. I've been using it over Tapatalk, which I had been using as a slightly better alternative to the old mobile site.

nobody pays attention to compliments.

as for new mobile, there is too much space and unneeded details. i liked the old one in that it was a concise list of new posts. now i can see 1.25 new posts on the first screen -

photo.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
nobody pays attention to compliments.

as for new mobile, there is too much space and unneeded details. i liked the old one in that it was a concise list of new posts. now i can see 1.25 new posts on the first screen -

View attachment 6224

I can see that being annoying. I don't use the new posts search, so it really doesn't bother me. When I'm looking through the different forums I appreciate the added detail that wasn't there on the old version. Also, get a bigger screen, I can see 3-4 posts on my Razr. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
I can see that being annoying. I don't use the new posts search, so it really doesn't bother me. When I'm looking through the different forums I appreciate the added detail that wasn't there on the old version. Also, get a bigger screen, I can see 3-4 posts on my Razr. ;)

It would be nice if the gear deal posts weren't in there though...