• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Diamond Stock

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Might be worth a position..

"This strong sales growth was achieved even with weak sales in large ticket ski items as a result of warm winter. Sales however were helped by an early spring, increasing sales in the climbing lighting, and packs segments. Even though the company saw benefits in some segments from the weather, overall the company believes a colder winter driving ski sales into March would have been ideal.

Black Diamond will also be launching an apparel segment in fall of 2013. The company believes apparel could bring in $250 million in revenue by 2020.

The company's products are currently carried in about 4,700 stores worldwide and outdoor retailers have seen tremendous growth, for example REI has increased store count by 80% over the past six years."

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Looking Interesting

This is starting to look interesting..
Kind of a new market for them.

9:43 AM Black Diamond (BDE +3.6%) plans to acquire POC Sweden in a deal that could go off at $56M if incentive payments kick in. The buy gives Black Diamond new lines of protective sports gear.

drjeff

This is starting to look interesting..
Kind of a new market for them.

9:43 AM Black Diamond (BDE +3.6%) plans to acquire POC Sweden in a deal that could go off at $56M if incentive payments kick in. The buy gives Black Diamond new lines of protective sports gear.

I would just hope if the sale goes through that the folks at Black Diamond don't screw up what the folks at POC have done over the last few years with building the brand. They've been making great products all across their line and have done a great job at targeting a fertile market in the racers and high end extreme skiers and boarders

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
i'm sticking to my 401k. i tried investing in stocks once and lost 30% in 2 years and just quit. Luckily it wasn't a lot I put in.

snowmonster

I would just hope if the sale goes through that the folks at Black Diamond don't screw up what the folks at POC have done over the last few years with building the brand. They've been making great products all across their line and have done a great job at targeting a fertile market in the racers and high end extreme skiers and boarders

In my mind, Black Diamond is for backcountry skiing and mountaineering while POC is for racing. Except for protective gear, I don't see too many cross-overs between their product lines. I hope BD keeps the POC brand separate and lets it carry on. POC has built some goodwill and brand recognition over the years. The fact that it was a Swedish company carry some cache since Swedish products connote high quality, minimalism, good looks and sleekness albeit at a premium price.