• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Bunch of tickets cheap - see blackouts

http://wfffski.mediawebconnect.com
I saw that on SJ. If any one buys this, can they report back if the resorts listed actually accept the card? This seems really weird. Definitely in the "too good to be true" category. Maybe it is legit but at that price, it is no longer a deal but rather giving away the product. I don't see how the ski areas would have agreed to it. Most value cards never offer less than BOGO pricing, or at least restrict to mid-week for really cheap prices.

Smellytele

I saw that on SJ. If any one buys this, can they report back if the resorts listed actually accept the card? This seems really weird. Definitely in the "too good to be true" category. Maybe it is legit but at that price, it is no longer a deal but rather giving away the product. I don't see how the ski areas would have agreed to it. Most value cards never offer less than BOGO pricing, or at least restrict to mid-week for really cheap prices.

I got one and I'll let ya know. I actually maybe trying to get rid of some of them if it is allowed.

Last edited:

jaytrem

I got one and I'll let ya know. I actually maybe trying to get rid of some of them if it is allowed.

I also pulled the trigger on it. Too good a deal to pass up. Was planning on hitting more places that I haven't been to, but I figure I haven't been to a bunch of those places in quite a while, so why not. Suicide Six will be new to me along with Titus. Originally was planning on some Canda stuff after Gore/Whiteface/Titus, but I'll make that a weekend trip and replace the the week trip with New England (and Owls Head). Can also use my Geigerrig Sugarbush and Bretton tickets on that trip, can't pass up a ride on the new T-bar.

SKI-3PO

Given that it's offered by local TV stations, it's probably (partly) in exchange for advertising, similar to other deals we've had in past years from media outlets. And if the resorts don't honor it, the stations are going to look pretty bad.

jaytrem

Given that it's offered by local TV stations, it's probably (partly) in exchange for advertising, similar to other deals we've had in past years from media outlets. And if the resorts don't honor it, the stations are going to look pretty bad.

I've used a number of similar things that have gotten my cost per ticket into the teens and never had a problem. So I'm not worried in the slightest. Examples = NMX Card (New Mexico), Descente Passport, Geigerrig Passport, Snowbomb Card (Tahoe/Cali), Colorado Ski Country VIP, and Liftopia. This deal is definitely up there with the best of em. I think my previous best was between $14 and $15 with Descente Passport, but that includes a jacket so was probably a better deal. This deal came to $13.63 when purchasing 2 and assuming all 9 are used. Really is amazing considering the mountains you get.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Boston Globe doing a whole bunch of deals...

http://deals.boston.com/

The Inn of the Six Mountains: $139 for a two-night stay in Killington, VT (worth up to $248)

Saddleback Mountain: Half off lift tickets in Maine

Ye Olde England Inne: 40% off two-night stays in Stowe, VT

Grand Harbor Inn: Two-night stays at Camden’s luxury boutique inn with tickets to the Camden Snow Bowl

Owl’s Head: $22 for a full-day lift ticket (worth $45)

Ski Stop: $25 for $50 worth of ski apparel, equipment, or tune-ups in Canton and Westwood

Whaleback Mountain: Up to 51% off lift tickets, rentals, and beginner ski packages in New Hampshire

THE Ride & Ski Card: $25.99 for season-long ticket discounts at more than 30 of the Northeast’s top mountains (worth $49)

The Lodge at Mount Snow: $235 for a two-night winter vacation (worth up to $495)

Shawnee Peak: $39 for a full-day lift ticket (worth $59)

The Wildcat Resort: Up to half off two-night hotel and townhouse stays for two to eight guests in Jackson, NH

Country Ski & Sport: Half off ski and snowboard tune-ups in Quincy, Hanson, and Westwood

Ragged Mountain: Up to 51% off midweek or weekend lift tickets in Danbury, NH

Sushi Yoshi: Half off gourmet Chinese, sushi, and hibachi in Killington

Sugarbush Resort: Half off lift tickets

The Mountain Club on Loon: $299 for a two-night ski-in/ski-out stay, plus dining and spa credits and an optional third night free (worth $607)

Blue Hills Ski Area: Up to 52% off ski passes and learn-to-ski lessons in Canton

Cornhead

Bunch of tickets cheap - see blackouts

http://wfffski.mediawebconnect.com

Got it! Thanks for posting SKI-3PO. I thought I waited too long. I kept checking the quantity left at work today. I tried to purchase when I got home, there were 10 left. It would not let me add to my basket, orders pending. I gave it a few more tries, then went on to other things, figured I'd waited too long. Went back to the site, one more try with 4 left, got through!

I may not use all of them, I know I won't use the Owl's Head, I going to try and use the rest. I've already planned trips to Sugarbush and Whiteface/Gore, so I'll use the Gore, MRG, and Titus, for sure. Cannon is on my to ski list this year, never been.

So glad I got through, I'd have been kicking myself all Winter. Hard to go wrong for $124. Isn't that the Stowe window price? Some real quality resorts, and great skiing, on the list. I've never seen an offer like this.

Thanks, again!

Bene288

Price Chopper ski any 3 passbooks are available on the website, not sure if they're in stores yet.

$119 for mountains like Wachusett, Windham, Jiminy, Plattekill, etc.

$149 "Big" Mountain pass book for Whiteface, Gore, Smuggs, Mount Snow, Sunapee and Bromley

You also can use the advantage card when buying and save some money for gas.

http://www2.pricechopper.com/orderform/skipass.shtml

BenedictGomez

Dont forget to see the Warren Miller movie!

While some locations do not include any lift ticket perks, many viewing locations give away free lift vouchers (where I'm seeing it they're giving away a free Mon - Fri Sugarbush lift voucher)

http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events

Depending on where you see the film

Smuggler's Notch lift Voucher
Sugarbush lift Voucher
Wachusett lift Voucher
Windham lift Voucher
Sugarloaf BOGO
Sunday River BOGO
Gunstock BOGO

pshydriad

Does any one know of any one day bus/lift trips going on? I think it was Ski Market that used to run them throughout the season. Basically you get up sub-dawn and crawl onto the bus, ski all day, and then nap on the bus home.