• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

jaytrem

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

That is a great deal do you go to all those places or can I use like 9 Times at one place, or 5 at one and 4 at another?

1 ticket for each place, so you need to be willing to travel around a bit. My plan is to do a Gore/Whiteface/Titus trip, then use the rest along with 2 Geigerrig tickets (Sugarbush and Bretton).

BenedictGomez

You could always just use it 3 or 4 days and sell it on Craigslist for $25 or something to bring your cost basis down

Cornhead

Got mine yesterday! Hope it's legit, card does look a little hokie. Before I ordered I went to the TV station's site. There was a link. It does sound too good to be true. I got three passes from Warren Miller for $18 too, Sugarbush, Gore, and Windham. There was a $5 handling fee on the $119 deal also. So for $142 I got:

Gore (two tickets)
Titus
Sugarbush
MRG
Cannon
Burke
Smuggs
Jay
Suicide Six
Owl's Head
Windham

I won't be using the Suicide Six, or Owl's Head. I knew I should have went through the hoops to get the enhanced NYS driver's licence. Damn terrorist. I hope to use the rest. I get four weeks vacation and have saved it all for skiing. I will be taking two weeks in February to ski New Mexico. I'll do a Daks trip, Gore, Whiteface, Titus. I ski Whiteface for $35 with my Greek Peak pass. Then a Magic, Sugarbush, MRG tour. Then probably Smuggs, Burke, Jay. I was considering the AZ summit in conjunction with Cannon and Saddleback. Not sure I can squeeze that one in. May have to ski Cannon alone, or them and some other NH resorts. The only places I've skied in NH so far are Wildcat, and Tucks.

Maybe a few phone calls to these resorts are in order to confirm the legitimacy of the card.

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The card was one visit per area, right? How can a resort tell that you've used it already? Does it have a strip so it can be slid through a machine? Or are there check boxes on the card itself?

Cornhead

The card was one visit per area, right? How can a resort tell that you've used it already? Does it have a strip so it can be slid through a machine? Or are there check boxes on the card itself?

Yes, it's one visit per resort. No, there is no identification of any kind. Now I'm sweating it. I should have called some places before placing the order. You can contest it on your credit card if it's no good, can't you? Maybe they require you show ID when redeeming the the card, and keep track of who's used it. They could get a list from the provider, or simply put a sharpie through the icon of the resort on the card signifying use. Maybe it's a $124 season pass to all these places? Now there's a deal.:wink: Isn't there a few reps on this board who would know if it's legit. My local FOX affiliate runs similar deals, lots of restaurant BOGOs on both. I was buying Platty passes for $18.75 last year. That's a sweet deal too. I hope they come up again this year.

I'm curious, I've never seen a deal like this before, it does seem to be too good to be true. I'm going to make some inquiries about this card after the Holiday.

Gunny J

Website
skiingnepa.blogspot.com

Smellytele

Bummed that I still haven't gotten mine but feeling a little better that at least some people have. It did say 10 business days and I ordered it 2 Fridays ago.

Cornhead

They will punch a hole in the mt logo you use. I have been getting a similiar card in pa and Ny for a while)
http://wnep.com/2012/10/29/the-2012-2013-wnep-ski-card-is-here/

Thanks Gunny J, the look of the card, and accompanying literature, did not instill confidence in the legitimacy of this deal. Let's hope we have a more "normal" Winter this year. Hope I luck out and can hit some of these places at the right time. Maybe if my employer is willing to wave the two week notice for va-ca, I can pick and choose and try to hit some dumps. I'll be on Famous Internet Skiers checking for beta. So I guess if anyone wants a pass to Suicide Six, or Owl's Head late season, let me know, I'll mail you the card when I'm done with it.

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
Mine came a couple days ago. It is rather simple but it does have a paper with MediaWeb Connect email and phone for questions. Perhaps that is a place to start to contact in addition to the resorts. The other deals on the website seemed legit. I have gotten half off deals at my local TV Station and I believe this is the same processing company that they used for my Saddleback Ticket. If anyone does call a few resorts please post their response to the inquiry.

ScottySkis

Yes, it's one visit per resort. No, there is no identification of any kind. Now I'm sweating it. I should have called some places before placing the order. You can contest it on your credit card if it's no good, can't you? Maybe they require you show ID when redeeming the the card, and keep track of who's used it. They could get a list from the provider, or simply put a sharpie through the icon of the resort on the card signifying use. Maybe it's a $124 season pass to all these places? Now there's a deal.:wink: Isn't there a few reps on this board who would know if it's legit. My local FOX affiliate runs similar deals, lots of restaurant BOGOs on both. I was buying Platty passes for $18.75 last year. That's a sweet deal too. I hope they come up again this year.

I'm curious, I've never seen a deal like this before, it does seem to be too good to be true. I'm going to make some inquiries about this card after the Holiday.
What is that website for Foxx with the great deals I want to book mark it?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

http://potterbrothers.com/discount-tickets/ http://potterbrothers.com/discount-tickets/#flex This is really great discount prices for some NY metro hills, yes I posted this in months ago but still worth posting again. http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Flex-Tickets-on-Sale-Now-.html?soid=1107496303456&aid=bCFR_j3XyR0
67.jpg
72.jpg
71.jpg
70.jpg
68.jpg

bdfreetuna

Until the end of November you can get 4 days at Sugarbush for $199 which is like 42% off. Their Facebook page has links to the deal and probably the web site too. I believe you can get it also through Liftopia.

If I can come up with rent and also grab one of those this week I will it's bound to pay off.

steamboat1

Until the end of November you can get 4 days at Sugarbush for $199 which is like 42% off. Their Facebook page has links to the deal and probably the web site too. I believe you can get it also through Liftopia.

If I can come up with rent and also grab one of those this week I will it's bound to pay off.

Picked one up last week ($199 includes tax). Looks like I'll be hitting the Bush more this season. I'm all dealed out. Vt. Passes, Sugarbush quad pac, Sugarbush employee discount tics on occasion, ski club appreciation days not to mention a mid week pass at K. I think I'm all set.

The first ski club appreciation days I think I'll be taking advantage of is Fri.-Sun. (12/7-12/9) at Stowe. 3 day ticket for $98.

Last edited: